SAU Community

1st Speeding Ticket!

JaiJai

As the title suggests got my 1st speeding ticket - and i had a bet with my brother that i could go through my whole Ps without one... :P

Nice cop but way better than the way they treat you on the gold coast pulled me over i said good afternoon officer got booked for doing 79 in a 60 zone (I was in a really big rush) on limestone ave near the war memorial

said that he'll drop it down to under 15km so $133

Funny when I called dad up but to tell him, 1st thing he said - you have to go see magistrate? said no, reply was im doing better than him (used to own a nice fod coupe with a worked chev)

So thats that! and i can assure you that i learnt my lesson - now i have to wait till ANOTHER pay day to get the HICAS lock bar :(

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone that drove a new vehicle back from a capital city with a 7 day permit. Sped through every speed camera he could find just to frustrate the law!!! Vehicle was unregistered - with a 7 day permit - no number plates!!!! Bet the camera's took a lot of really nice photo's though.

Any of you guys responsible for this:

lol

speeding.JPG

^^ This is gold.

I got my first speeding ticket through the camera coming down through kurrajong on the bells line of road, just when they put the camera up (about 2 weeks later anywho). I opened the letter and laughed, rang the old man said "hey i got a speeding ticket", he mentioned something about going too fast and whatnot, then i mentioned "you have an envelope with exactly the same markings etc on it".

He managed to get done on the same day, just behind me (we were doing a convoy type thing to sydney).

Not a good feeling! Such a waste of money, and they are often on Limestone... you must have been in a rush!

Except I'll bet you were later in the end than you would have been had you not been pulled over...

Not a good feeling! Such a waste of money, and they are often on Limestone... you must have been in a rush!

Except I'll bet you were later in the end than you would have been had you not been pulled over...

yuuup you got that right, not undercover though so yeah just dumb!

i got fined on my P's and had my license suspended for 3 months... wasn't much fun either, it was during my HSC. in those days i couldn't afford a skyline though, and any P plater who can has too much money.

As the title suggests got my 1st speeding ticket - and i had a bet with my brother that i could go through my whole Ps without one... :)

Nice cop but way better than the way they treat you on the gold coast pulled me over i said good afternoon officer got booked for doing 79 in a 60 zone (I was in a really big rush) on limestone ave near the war memorial

Im always "in a rush" on limestone so i better watch it! Bad luck buddy ;)

I opened the letter and laughed, rang the old man said "hey i got a speeding ticket", he mentioned something about going too fast and whatnot, then i mentioned "you have an envelope with exactly the same markings etc on it".

:)

that would have shut him up! ;)

I know someone that drove a new vehicle back from a capital city with a 7 day permit. Sped through every speed camera he could find just to frustrate the law!!! Vehicle was unregistered - with a 7 day permit - no number plates!!!! Bet the camera's took a lot of really nice photo's though.
I drove around for about a week with no plates when i got my skyline... i didn't purposely speed thru any cameras...but the thought did cross my mind that they wouldnt be able to get me if I did ;)

in those days i couldn't afford a skyline though, and any P plater who can has parents who simply don't want their child to live.

~200 rwkw for a < 20 year old is scary.

Unless you grew up karting or something...

I drove around for about a week with no plates when i got my skyline... i didn't purposely speed thru any cameras...but the thought did cross my mind that they wouldnt be able to get me if I did :huh:

Haha yeah i did the same, but i figured i'd be the dude with an unregistered maroon skyline flying thru all the speed cameras, then 2 weeks later i'd be the only dude registering a maroon skyline, and somehow it would get back to me.

Very unlikely to happen, but still.

~200 rwkw for a < 20 year old is scary.

Unless you grew up karting or something...

oh i can tell you that I have learnt my lesson from a few close ones, lets just say im carfull when putting down the put - especially with how scared mum is! funniest thing is that my younger brother's nicknamed the car "the widow maker" shes goes off like no tomorrow

If it makes u feel better i got done doing 100 across dairy flat yesterday , they got with a gun on the side on the road , it was the 4th speed trap i had been through within an hour , but i was doing the wrong thing and the cop were good about it , only took them 2 minutes to give me the ticket