SAU Community

Help My car feels so slow

Hi

Lately ive been feeling that my car is alot slower then when i first began to drive it. Now theres 2 things that could be due to this

1. Im used to the car so it feels slower

2.Compliance bastards tooks somethin off my car i didnt know about and didnt put it back on.

Im not sure what to think but really the car doesnt feel very impressive. What wer all ur opinions when u guys first got ur cars (namely R33 GTST). The mods on the car are full exhaust system, HKS airpod and HKS BOV. No boost mods etc.

Is it possible that i have a boost leak or somethin like that? Im graspin at straws here and its really buggin me cos the car really doesnt feel too good. Im upset : (

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Dean

hah yup the initial bug does wear off alittle, thats when you flick the switch to 12psi and start the fun all over again.

As someone above suggestion grab a boost gauge and just make sure everything is still the same.

Or go for a ride as a passenger in someone elses GTS-T and you will realise how damn quick they still are :eek:

hey guys, i just joined this forum and i think its mad. ]

i just recently purchased a series II 97 gtst (actually im getting it tomorow or tuesday). i agree, i have driven the car about 3 times, and every time i drive it, it seems slower. i think we are just trippin. As i am a newby to skylines ive gathered a boost gauge will measure the amount of boost (psi??) in the turbo? is this right? cause i feel that my car (or soon to be) is lagging a bit. the only mods are hks intercooler (front piping and shit) and HKS air filter. should this boost my car a bit? should i reset the ecu? is it good for the car and wat does it do???

Cheers

Champinco

you should hear a slight tick at normal revs if it is there you would know also if you put ur hand over the exhaust and block the exhaust fully and if the engine stalls , NO Leak if it continues to run mmmmmm big leak, also you can tell by checking ur boost gauge if it reads below 7psi at full power you've got a big leak, if so expect to pay about $600 fitted get 2nd hand manifold don't pay more than $180 good luck