SAU Community

Buyers Of The Leatherette Seat Covers

Jetdat

I did the same mate, I also left the lubar support under the cover I never adjust it anyway

and D I F yes they do look like man hands :O

just kidding

cheers

:ban:

I guess that explains the pink car.

Sif! i know boys who like pink!

Oh and CORINNE - ITS A GIRLS NAME!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for organising the group buy jetdat. i'll just have to contact ultimate to get a receipt.

as for installation, anyone know how i can make the centre console cover fit more tightly? it seems to be a bit loose. will washing it make it shrink a bit for the tighter fit?

Hey guys,

The MX6 set I bought for a mate has a couple of problems. Firstly there is way excessive slack on the sides of the seats, even though they are as tight as we can get it. Secondly I reckon the velcro on the head rests are facing the wrong way (ie should be visible only from the rear of the car, like with my 200SX ones). Can't flip then around because the red sitching is only on one side and will be out of place. What should I do? Chase it up with UAT? :D

post-3201-1158400325.jpgpost-3201-1158400506.jpg

Edited by Busky2k

Hey guys,

The MX6 set I bought for a mate has a couple of problems. Firstly there is way excessive slack on the sides of the seats, even though they are as tight as we can get it. Secondly I reckon the velcro on the head rests are facing the wrong way (ie should be visible only from the rear of the car, like with my 200SX ones). Can't flip then around because the red sitching is only on one side and will be out of place. What should I do? Chase it up with UAT? :D

post-3201-1158400325.jpgpost-3201-1158400506.jpg

For sure.

Although the quality itself is good, they fit loose and actually look like covers, not a leather interior.

Busy 2k, i believe the reason why they are like that, is, it's hard to explain. but basically, you need to pull the cover around to the front more. like pull the bolsters around on both sides.

then you also need to pull it down more, so that you can get the velcro fully on. then it'll be very very tight. Check my thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...p;#entry2503936

Guys, iv'e got an issue that you might be able to help me with. You know the bottom section of the rear seat? how it has that metal loop at the back that gets in the way of the cover? did you cut the cover? if so how?

I have done everything but that rear section (I have already stiched all the white strings). Once I work this out, i'll update my tutorial thread.

PS: Looking at the pics above, I noticed that it looks like some of you didn't do the little white strings.

Doing the white strings makes so much difference. It's bascailly the difference between a seat cover (loose and limp) and a retrim (contoured to the seat).

I know it takes absolutely ages, but it's worth it. It took me about 4 hours for the first front seat, 3 hours for the other. 6 hours for the top section of the rear seat, and 3 for the bottom (still not done yet).

Hehehe, then comes the other bits too. e.g. doorcards, boots, parcel shelf etc.

Just adding my input into this thread...

A customer got a set of these for his r33. We initially fitted a front seat cover over a complete seat and it looked fantastic, but just not that 'custom interior' look.. so we went one better.

Basically we removed all the seats, and removed the stock cloth material covering the seats - this required dismantling of the front seats as to get the cloth off the lower half of them.

We then covered the seats in contact adhesive spray, and fitted the covers. They took the shape of the seats perfectly and it truely does look like a custom interior. Without the standard cloth, the covers fit much better too!

... just some food for thought for anyone that wants these things to look better. :D

PS: Looking at the pics above, I noticed that it looks like some of you didn't do the little white strings.

Doing the white strings makes so much difference. It's bascailly the difference between a seat cover (loose and limp) and a retrim (contoured to the seat).

I know it takes absolutely ages, but it's worth it. It took me about 4 hours for the first front seat, 3 hours for the other. 6 hours for the top section of the rear seat, and 3 for the bottom (still not done yet).

Hehehe, then comes the other bits too. e.g. doorcards, boots, parcel shelf etc.

OK dumb question, what do you do with the white string?

You get a big mofo needle, and poke it through the seat. like through the foam then tie it on the other side.

I've used a combo of products to actually trim it to the seat instead of using it like a cover.

I will post pics in about a week. I've been staying with my gf for like 2 weeks now installing this,a nd I don't have a camera here. i'll post em in my thread soon.

I've got my in the car, just the front and rear seats though the rest I am getting done my a company to put in the doors etc.

I haven't been online in a while haven't had the internet connected because I moved, at a friends now but been keeping up to date with it all thanks to my boy JetDat :laugh:

Glad that the hard work by myself and Jetdat payed off, the seats look really good - just a couple of marks on them but I'll see if I can get them off with some product.

Cars away getting the bodykit at the moment otherwise I'd post pictures. Just wanted to say thank-you yo SAU and UAT for this being possible.

Hope to catch up with you all soon! :laugh: