SAU Community

Pod Very Loud

33Sedan

Mukyb0y,

Did you buy the pod that is on your car at the moment?

From the pictures it looks like the one i had on my car for a while (Was sold to me as a Blitz filter but was a $20 supercheap filter).

If it is, change to a brand name (ie. Apexi, HKS etc) and you will not believe the difference you will notice.

After changing from that to a HKS pod, it felt like i had bolted on a new turbo. More response and alot more power (car was wheelspinining after 4k rpm).

hmmm, i was actually wondering if an apexi pod would make any difference.

yeah, this pod was on the car, and i have no idea what brand, but it sux like a vaccum, so i left it on.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ya dont want induction noises, you shouldnt own a turbo car.

You get used to the sounds after a while, it wont be that big a deal... and you must have your foot to the floort 24/7 for induction noise to be annoying you as much as you say it is...

my guess would be to custom make a box for your pod with a CAI, this will keep the noise down and also provide total cool air into the pod, which will prevent heat soke and maybe even increase the power a tiny bit.

i had a cai on my astra turbo and i could hardly hear my pod on that.

Mr Italy!: No i don't have my foot to the floor 24/7 ;-) if i had unlimited funds then i would but no. Dude if u put ur foot on the gas, just a little, go up a hill maybe, look at the boost gauge, does it go up? if yes then i get massive induction noise. The moment the turbo starts spooling up (boost gauge will go up now) it sucks hard core. the more i rev it the quieter it gets. so for no sound at all i gotta keep revs below 2200rpm or be going down a hill.

Jaker34: Trojan motorsport put he pod where it is cos they said is has proven hp gains. They left the little venty thing to allow cold air to go in the area, sure hot air might still be floating around maybe.

After some more prodding around, my pod is not a cheapo (i already have a cheapo lying around). I put the cheapo one on and i noticed less power and less throaty sorta sound but was still very loud.

Contacted trojan and they are getting a shorter adaptor in for me and will see what it does.

I did have a car previously with a CAI and yes it made a induction noise and yes it was fantastic. But this is insanely loud! Will try and get a recording of it from in the car just to show u guys the pain ;-)

when in 5th or equivelant going up a hill applying the smallest amount of throttle i get this really high pitch ring, i swear i can hear everything the turbo is winging about.

Okay, looked at the piping and nope can't see any noticable cracks, will get trojan to have a look too. Used my phone to record a video while driving to work this morning, will upload it tonight. It was a low budget production, stars my steering wheel and various gauges, guest appearences include rather loud induction noise.

Nah its a massive sucking, like quite loud then you hear the blow off valve. before i had the pod yea i could hear a hissing but now its completely different. I took a video thing but didn't really work well. Microphone isn't too good ont he phone. Neway you can roughly heare it if u pump the volume. Notice you can't hear the engine at all, can slightly hear wind as im moving but then quite noticeably the sucking. Not a good example though.

I think i may just be leaving it

Edited by 33Sedan

got a K&N pod

damned loud

so I put it inside Maxx's CAI - still damned loud

even filled up the CAI box with heat resistent foam stuck to the insides of the box (even the clear lid!)..... still f.damn loud when on boost.

hopefully it might quiet down a little when I bolt up the highflow turbo.

:P

Man its really hard. I am not sure if I wanna keep it. Really makes it more responsive etc, sounds cool, but is just too loud for me. Thinking of selling it. So if anyone from canberra wants it, they can come have a listen/buy for like $55. The pod and adaptor as pictured before in this thread. I mean yea its cool, but its not for me at the moment. think ill just go for a K&N panel for the stocko. ah well. If anyone is interested pm me. If noone buys it i guess ill just stick with it ;-)

Thanks for all the help though guys. I think maybe if i got a shorter adaptor it would maybe make it quieter but i couldn't be screwed and don't wanna waste money to find it dosn't improve it. If my car sounded/looked tougher i prob wouldn't mind but its sorta a loud "look at me" noise which dosn't suit it. neways. again thanks guys.