SAU Community

Best Clutch

JNR24

Ok i need a new clutch,

I want something that is gona hold to 600HP-800HP.

But i also want a bit of play as well. E.g not On - OFF

what are some good clutches that i should be looking at running?

Yeh maybe not 800HP, i just wanted a bit of room to stretch!

So how much are these clutches going for?

And whats the pros & cons of a ceramic clutch versus Sprung/Solid brass button??

Ok, $750 or so for a r32 gtst, I think they claimed a 100% increase in clamping force over standard....

Not fitted though, have to get that organised yourself, easy enough to find someone to dot hat though...

Also if you are ever in melbourne give a place called Racebrakes in racecourse rd Nth Melbourne a call....they have a lot of that stuff and ussually know what they are talking about.

I imagine benefits are in longer life, in actual use day to day I doubt you could tell the difference, both have a potential to be noisy and operate in much the same fashion.

Russ

Sorry wouldn't have a clue, you'd have to ask them, I only had a brief look.

Look up their website, they respond to emails reasonably promptly too..

If you get one, let us know how it goes will you, likewise for me, i'll let you know if I decide to get one.

Cheers,

Russ

if u had a bit more money i'd think an os giken twin plate would do the job. should be good for 750hp.

dun get the hks one tho...i've got that and there's no play in it. i either spin the wheels or just stall the car everytime i take the car for a drive.

i think that ats (active torque services. jap company) also make very good clutches. in fact that's all they do, make clutches. so go check that out, i'm not too sure what they cost, but they've got a carbon clutch that lasts longer than anything u can get in the market at the moment.

Guest drift_me_silly

howabout going down the route of the now infamous TTV8? a twin plate direct clutches setup that obviously transmits more than 1000hp...enough, but i have NOO idea of it's bitey-ness

See its just a weighing game....

Between Driveability, Power, and "Grab". (And price)

See you want a clutch thats gona bite, but you also dont want whiplash everytime you change gears. And you also have to weigh up how much KW your car has so you dont get a clutch thats going to get raped with 6000RPM Launches at 350KW at the FLywheel!! =) and just get striped.

So i guess, theres gona be no best Clutch, just a good clutch for your situation and what you need.

By the way i found a good clutch boys!

its a Heavy Duty Cushioned Ceramic Button Clutch. Good for 275-300KW at the wheels, and because of the cushioned design that reduces the quick bite on release of the clutch, it makes it far more streetable than your average Sprung/Solid brass button clutch. its a single plate design and sells for about $750 Retail. how can you go wrong!!. :uh-huh:

Thanks for your help guys! :shake:

Guest drift_me_silly

jnr, link or details on that clutch you've found?...i might be needing a new one similar in spec?

I would have to agree with rb26dett... If you're after that much power then you are probably better off with a twin plate clutch like OS Giken or Nismo, especially if you are planning on taking it down the 1/4mile. At least you know it will be able to handle the power and wont slip. I have heard that they are easy to live with once you get used to them.

I've got a heavy duty clutch in at the moment and that slips ocassionly so I just ordered a twin plate so I wont have to worry about it anymore, even when i've finished playing around with the engine.

I've just fitted the same clutch as the one Tim is selling @ Horsepowerinabox.

It's an ACS (Xtreme) clutch. 9 puck cushion button ceramic. I got mine for a tad less - $730. I also got a much higher spec pressure plate than the kit normally comes with.

It's very streetable. It still has a bit of a grab to it but its far from ON-OFF. I haven't had it slip yet.

I'd recommend this horsepowerinabox $750 kit no prob's.

Edit: I don't think I'd be putting one in if I had 800hp though! Up to 500hp sure but not 800hp!

Originally posted by whatsisname

I've just fitted the same clutch as the one Tim is selling @ Horsepowerinabox.  

It's an ACS (Xtreme) clutch. 9 puck cushion button ceramic. I got mine for a tad less - $730. I also got a much higher spec pressure plate than the kit normally comes with.

It's very streetable. It still has a bit of a grab to it but its far from ON-OFF. I haven't had it slip yet.  

I'd recommend this horsepowerinabox $750 kit no prob's.

So this Clutch that there selling @ horsepowerinabox is called: ACS Extreme 9 puc cushion button ceramic? (Geeess thats a mouth full)

Because il ask around to get a cheap price!! =)

(iam wog ooreee!? ) :shake:

ACS - Adelaide Clutch Services

Xtreme - brand they (ACS) sell their performance clutch kits under

9 puck cushion button ceramic - the type of clutch

The Horsepowerinabox price of $750 is very good! The only reason I got it cheaper (& with an upgraded pressure plate) is a good friends father-inlaw is mates with ACS's owners :P Plus it helps I'm in Adelaide.

You'll find the Xtreme clutch kits are sold all over the country - via HIAB