SAU Community

Gts-t On P Plates..legal?

Rochey

ok tomoz im going to vic roads to get a stock r33 gts-t registered under my name. i am 21 but still have p plate's (probationary license) i get off my p's in one month. but i need to drive the car home from vic roads.

whats the story if a cop pulls me over? what can he do?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This question seems to pop up from time to time. R32 GTS-T is fine. (I used to drive one on my P's and I checked before hand).

Anything above that and you're out of luck.

That said I just saw a R32 GTR parked near my work with a P plate on it! Seems like a fine about to happen.

ok tomoz im going to vic roads to get a stock r33 gts-t registered under my name. i am 21 but still have p plate's (probationary license) i get off my p's in one month. but i need to drive the car home from vic roads.

hmm... it's illegal, but for 1 month?? rego it, and do you have access to another car for a few weeks?

i wouldn't be too fussed for 1 month...

yeh i have 2 cars now. and r31 and an r33.

the r33 is getting rego'd tomoz and im gonna drive it straight home and park it. drive the r31 until im off my p's. i'm only driving the r33 once but assuming i get pulled over and the cop is a prick and dosnt believe me when i show him its just been rego'd and im driving it straight home, what will he do? anyone have p plates on their r33 in vic?

anyone have p plates on their r33 in vic?

hahahhahah

hahah

hahahah

ahhhh....

yes :)

hmm... it's a tricky one, i've driven to vic roads with no plates before, and left vic roads with no plates as well, and a cop was right behind me as i left... didn't do anything. I'd imagine if you explained the situation, they'd be reasonable. Or they'd be tight about it and ask why didn't you just wait for a few weeks to rego it?

if you want to be completely safe... wait until you're off your p's or get someone to go down with you

ive had a r33 gtst for a while now, no probs with the police yet, and rego was easy everything to do with my car is under my name. i just behave myself ... most of the time. ive driven past a few stationary cops with radar guns, and a boose bus but no probs at all, got a big GTR wing hanging of back as well. thought i be cop magnet, but behave urself and ur ok, but i know first time they catch me and if they know wat a turbo is im f%^ked.

lol a month.

its like a $100 fine... if you're that unlucky that you get done on the drive home, pay it and have a laugh...

I've still got about 4 months left on my p's...had the car for over 6 months already...

yet to be pulled over.

and the amount of p platers driving cars over the power to weight limit is rather large :)

Ive had my R33 for 8 months now on P's and also yet to be pulled over.

My car is loud and low with mismatches panels and a hugh cooler up front, no problems at all.

Although ive been tailed by the police a few times, they dont pull me over. I think they just check my Rego to see if i have any previous offences, but my records clean so they leave me alone.

Just dont drive like a idiot and you should be fine.

Im thinkin of gettin a r33 gts-t for my first but i dont wanna be paying fines for driving a high powered vehicle. If i dont get one now i wont be getting one for the next 3 years or whatever it is with the new laws that will kick in about v8's,turbo's (anything that goes). Another option is a r32 gts-t being under the power to weight.

Edited by Nth

This topic comes up so often. Unless you are in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong cop I doubt you will ever get a fine for driving a high powered vehicle. If your driving a ferrari or something similar then you have a problems. I have friends that get pulled over on a weekley basis for everything from speeding to burnouts to racing and not one of them has ever got a powertoweight fine.....even if you do get one 100bucks big woop there are much worse things you can get like canary's or the hoon leglislation thrown at you :). Even if you do get a fine for it you have to get like 3 of them before they actually start to do something about it. Just drive it sensibly, enjoy it and you won't have a problem.

If your driving a ferrari or something similar then you have a problems.

pffft a cop wouldnt dare pull over a farrari driver...he'll just get paper cuts from all those 100 dollar bills being thrown at his face......

Edited by anDru

death penalty.