SAU Community

Arp Head Studs And Timing Belt

phee

Afternoon,

I need to order some ARP head studs and a timing belt, and I need them to go on air freight hopfully today. Does anyone know any dealers I can call that will have some in stock for an rb25 gtst?

Cheers,

Phee

Afternoon,

I need to order some ARP head studs and a timing belt, and I need them to go on air freight hopfully today. Does anyone know any dealers I can call that will have some in stock for an rb25 gtst?

Cheers,

Phee

Hi phee, you could try Performance Wholesale in QLD as they will have them in stock and would be able to arrange freight for you.

www.performancewholesale.com.au

Paul

Haha! I haven't learnt that one yet... god damn! I'll get the Gates belt tomorrow, and I just ordered my ARP head studs from www.performancewholesale.com.au - AWESOME service, very very helpful and I highly recommend them. The studs will be here tomorrow morning at 10am.

How much did those extra parts you needed come to Sinista?

Ah that's not too bad... I was freaking thinking you were going to say a couple hundred. All rebuilds need those new parts?

Yeh i know i was in the same boat lol, yeh they do and make sure you get new bolts for $10-15 could save your engine big time, if one snaps then there goes your engine.

sinistagtst / phee.... doing the same to my engine at the moment.

is that new bolts for the idle and tensioner?

Will you be using new guides?

What else do you think should be changed when rebuilding an engine?

When i took it apart i found that many bolts were loose. Lucky nothing went bang!

I also don't want to skimp on a few $.

CURRENT LIST....

big and main bearings

clutch

forged pistons + rings

gtr rods

cam gears

cams (still to get)

02 sensor

injectors

full gasket set

afm

exhaust studs

exhaust

pfc

turbo (undecided)

Hey mate,

your list looks good, yes those bolts are for the idler and tensioner which you will also need. remember timing belt, do you want a thicker metal head gasket or are you just sticking with the standard one. other than that your list looks pretty good, and if you have the money you could do the turbo at the same time that way you save your self money by having to get your retuned when you blow the stock one up lol. what size injectors are you getting, whats your power figure in mind also what mods do you currently have.

sinistagtst.... not sure on the hg yet. what are you going with?

I'm after an 8.5 cr and am unsure whether or not to do some head work.

The injectors are 555 nismo's and i'm chasing around 280/300 rwkw.

I just saw thizzle's power/mods post and he is getting 300 with a gt-rs.

I've narrowed it down to a 2835 or gt30r. I think:)

Simon.

Hey mate,

Im goin with a 1.6mm or 1.8mm headgasket, im most likely using acl forged pistons which bring cr down to 8.4 but by the time i deck the head that will rise a bit and plus i want to run a fair bit of boost and most comments ive seen say that you can hardly notice the difference off boost with bringing the cr down. i would recomend the gt3040, the reason i say this is it will make power easier than the 2835, but you can choose your exhaust housing whether it be .63 or .8 for response. injectors for that power will be fine.

sinistagtst.... do you think the 3040 would be too big and laggy?

i read a post on th gt30r with the .63 exhaust housing and people couldn't get traction once it hit boost.

I was thinking about the gt30r with the .82 housing and am concerned about the lag issue.

Boost kicking in at 3700 revs or close to.

Wanting to drive mostly on the street with some track.

( big decision )

Simon

nope a 3040 would be fine if you dont mind a bit of lag go the .82 but if its response and more streetable go the .63 you will make power easier than the 2835 and you still have to put as much boost into it to make power compared to the smaller turbo, which you might also be close to the max power from the 2835.

dan