SAU Community

Insurance - I Think Im Dead :)

TrentGTR

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having you life on track doesn't matter whole lot if you end up dead... 'cos my mates have them' isn't a great reason either

Even the N/A RB30 in my first car had more than enough power for me, i never fully even put the pedal down till almost a year after having it... had I done that when I first got it, or if I had got my licence in winter, I would almost certainly have had a crash or 2... I still madaged to do stupid shit and make general driving mistakes, no experience + GT-R = bad ...at least take it out to MCs or something

and as said above, if you can afford $30k (I'd buy a R32 GTS-t and keep 20k for a house if it was me) then $4k on insurance is the least of your worries

I dont mean to be rude....but thats a stupid post. Your judging someone based on absolutely nothing.

Just because you couldnt handle a Rb30....which is pretty average, doesnt mean I cant either.

Im not saying im the best driver, but it doesnt take much NOT to foot your foot down. I have a brain, so ill use it.

Also, I have a little bit of experience.....

ive crashed, ive dragged at kwinana, ive driven my mates 06 Sti quite a few times.....thats not alot but still is a little bit

Edited by snatCh

it takes YEARS and YEARS to gain experience, not a few drives of an 06 STi...

i said the exact same thing as you 'i wont floor it' etc etc..

i then lost my license...

everyone succumbs to it, its not a matter of 'if' its a matter of when.

if you like skylines, go buy a N/A RB25 R33 with a GTR body kit. cost you one third the price to buy, and a quarter to insure.

Yea true man...

but seriously I love the almighty GTR....its the king of the road to me...

Also the career I wanto pursue involves alot of travelling, I wont be able to bring the beast with me. So I wanto cherise one for the couple of years I have left in WA :(

I guess its down to how much you really want it. If owning a gtr really means that much to you and you can afford it i'd say go for it. If you value your car lots you will take good care of it and hopefully keep away from silly situations. I've always wanted a skyline since i got my license on my 17th birthday but i never got the chance to buy one until about a year ago. In the time before that i had racked up thousands in fines and lost my license doing stupid s*%& in cars i wasn't happy with. Since buying the skyline i have had no fines whatsoever (touch wood though). Im not saying im a perfect driver, but there is a time and place for everything.

But remember there is no substitute for experience, learn from others and don't do anything you're not comfortable with. Good luck!

whats the specs of the GTR you are buying?

$30k is on the 'cheaper' side of 33 GTR's and it could be a bit rough, and end up costing more in the end than another GTR with a slightly higher initial outlay...

Na not yet....hmmmm....I didnt think you really had to with these sort of cars....its not just a cheap car u get what i mean? but i know where ur coming from hmmm.....

also, with a workshop check....do I get the owner to drive the car there?

*edit midnight purple yummy

Edited by snatCh

thats more reason to get it checked.

$30,000 is alot of money to spend on a lemon with a few GTR badges on it.

thats something you have to discuss with the owner.

but, if they are sure there is no problems, they shouldnt have a problem taking it to be checked for you.

I kinda trust him though, His numberplate is 33VSPEC and he works at C-Red Performance Parts....and he seems like a cool bloke :(

Also, a guy from these forums referred the car to me.... and i asked the owner if anything was wrong he said no...

Edited by snatCh

regardless, id still spend the dollars getting it checked.

the couple of hundred dollars a check costs is a SHITLOAD cheaper than a few grand for a new engine, or whatever else it may have.

some owners will tell buyers the problems, some wont.

how do you tell who is lying or not?