SAU Community

Smash And Grab On My R32!

So guess what happened to me on the weekend? left my 1990 r32 outside my house on sat night came back in the morning to find my passenger side window smashed and my 4 month old Alpine CDA-9857 stolen. the scumbags smashed up the whole centre console. 2nd time ive had a smash and grab on my car!!!

my advice to anyone that lives in richmond Vic- watch out.

usually i take my face plate off, but i must have just got lazy.

Can anyone suggest where i can find replacement parts?

i need a new passenger side window, and all the plastic parts of the centre concole. (not to mention a new radio...)

if anyone finds an Alpine CDA 9857 2006 model. serial no. E60310258 could you please contact me.

any help would be great. thanks guys

Dave.

my first question is naturally... did you have an alarm system?

if you did, it would have been flashing a LED somewhere to deter the crimanls in the first place. then, when they smashed the window it would have gone off to give them a big fright and make them hurry off without the chance of getting at the stereo or anything out of direct vision

you might be better spending your money on a decent alarm first

OR

if you had an alarm already... then man i feel for you. sometimes there's not much you can do but hope your not unlucky...

my first question is naturally... did you have an alarm system?

if you did, it would have been flashing a LED somewhere to deter the crimanls in the first place. then, when they smashed the window it would have gone off to give them a big fright and make them hurry off without the chance of getting at the stereo or anything out of direct vision

you might be better spending your money on a decent alarm first

OR

if you had an alarm already... then man i feel for you. sometimes there's not much you can do but hope your not unlucky...

agreed...

Just had my alarm installed 5 mins ago... its been a nervous 3 weeks since i got the car..