SAU Community

Sticker On 1 Screw Of The Crank Angle Sensor, Does That Mean Timing Belt Never Changed?

My crank angle sensor still have a sticker on 1 screw. Does it mean that my timing belt hasn't been changed??

Seller told me that timing belt was changed. By looking at the sticker here, it looks like the stock sticker.

IMG_1581.jpg

Can someone confirm the sticker.

i have 100000km on my R32 gtst.

So i guess it is time to change.

If the timing belt has been changed or a 100,000km service has been done, there should be a sticker with the date it was changed and the kms when it was changed. This should be located at the top of the cam cover.

See here for more info: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...&hl=sticker

The sticker in this pic means that it is "recommended" that you change it at 100,000kms

i dont recall ever seeing that sticker on a CAS. it's most likey just there to stop people adjusting the timing once it was set. you could be right though. was there any receipts or service stickers to indicate that the timing belt HAD been changed?

No, i dont have any service record. Seller said it was changed but i dont believe that.

There is a sticker on the radiator, but i believe it is to show that the radiator liquid flush got change.

No sticker on the timing belt cover.

I do believe that the sticker on the screw of the CAS is stock.

I remember seeing a low km skyline and it got that sticker on the screw that looks fresh from the factory.

Is it easy to remove the timing belt cover? I would like to have a look at it, but im afraid to mess up with the timing from the CAS.

My CAS has the same sticker/tape. It had 68,000km on a wound back odo when I picked it up. I have no idea if my timing belt has been changed.

doodz not everyone has a 100,000km stamp. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Nissan stamped the head during that service.

My crank angle sensor still have a sticker on 1 screw. Does it mean that my timing belt hasn't been changed??

Seller told me that timing belt was changed. By looking at the sticker here, it looks like the stock sticker.

IMG_1581.jpg

Can someone confirm the sticker.

i have 100000km on my R32 gtst.

So i guess it is time to change.

the sticker is broken so the sensor has been moved or taken out

the sticker is broken so the sensor has been moved or taken out

the sticker was broken on the side, probably due to its age.

if you look carefully in the picture, you can still see a part of the sticker covering the screw.

I doubt that someone will put back the sticker after opening the CAS.

yeah, no-one would use a screw driver to undo bolts. well no one smart anyway :teehee:

if it's broken on the side then it you be a safe bet to say it's been removed. all that means is that someone has removed or loosend the CAS. still doesn't tell you if the timing belt was changed or not.

you are right! :) No one will remove it with a screwdriver. :(

Now i still want to check if the timing belt was change.

Can someone tell me if it is easy to remove the CAS?

Just unbolt and mark down where the bolt sit, and remove?

Then put back at the same position??

you are right! :) No one will remove it with a screwdriver. :(

Now i still want to check if the timing belt was change.

Can someone tell me if it is easy to remove the CAS?

Just unbolt and mark down where the bolt sit, and remove?

Then put back at the same position??

Yes but you will have to check timming with a light to make sure its 15 degrees .