SAU Community

Most Reputable Power Fc Tuner In Melbourrne?

markjh27

Hi guys, i have just had my car tuned again with the pwoer fc in it, it now makes 246rwkw on 14psi, however it now has a lot of lag, and feels like it's getting slower and slower and the engine light comes on at 7krpm. Can anyone recomend a really good tuner in melbourne? I have taken it abck ot the guy and he doesn't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks Mark

What mods. Hack advise sounds like its pinging up top of the rev range. Could be simply too much ignition or the fuel pump cant keep up and is leaning out despite how much fuel correction they are tryign to throw at it.

Ring around, there are a few good tuners in Melb, just dont be scared off by advice you may not want to hear :)

Hi guys, i have just had my car tuned again with the pwoer fc in it, it now makes 246rwkw on 14psi, however it now has a lot of lag, and feels like it's getting slower and slower and the engine light comes on at 7krpm. Can anyone recomend a really good tuner in melbourne? I have taken it abck ot the guy and he doesn't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks Mark

Which tuner was it that cant fix it if u dont mind me asking

Thanks guys, relaly appreciate it. I will try and get onto racepace. Have been to 2 on that list and they both stuffed me round and tried ripping me off. I won't name this one as i am not here to tarnish somones name, i just want my car to be fixed. Cheers Mark

Thanks guys, relaly appreciate it. I will try and get onto racepace. Have been to 2 on that list and they both stuffed me round and tried ripping me off. I won't name this one as i am not here to tarnish somones name, i just want my car to be fixed. Cheers Mark

I'm not sure what your version of ripping someone off, but just to give you a heads up, a full PFC tune will cost you around 500-800 ... a touchup to your tune may only cost a couple of hundred, depends how much dyno time and tuning time is needed :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

What are RE customs and Ice Performance like (And all the other ones on that list)?

Both have reputations.... just would like to hear some personal experience?

Or is it just Racepace hands down as far as skylines go? Tried a search (thats how I found this thread) but cant find anything relevent.

A simple search of the Vic section will tell you mate.

Remember, no business slander or negativity, but most places have a pretty good rep with most people.

So yeah, have a search of the Vic section and you'll get a lot of threads about it all :(

What are RE customs and Ice Performance like (And all the other ones on that list)?

Both have reputations.... just would like to hear some personal experience?

Or is it just Racepace hands down as far as skylines go? Tried a search (thats how I found this thread) but cant find anything relevent.

When i went to racepace, all cars there were gtr's including two r34 gtrs :O and a 9second r32 gtr

So they must know what they doing and seem geared towards the performance :(

recustoms is a friendly environment where i have my car serviced as its only a nimble r32 gtst :laugh:

They also install sound systems and seen plenty of mercs getting audio systems

Hope this little info helps

Racepace by far are the most professional and honest workshop I have ever dealt with, I have been to a few, and have been burnt badly, but I have never had an issue with racepace, always top qulaity work, and my PFC tune is brilliant, the car runs better and returns better economy than the stock ECU ever did.

Ive heard very good things about RE customs too. And their pricing seems very fair to me.

Just Emailed them and was told $180 for safc install/tune and calibrate my evc...

by the way 31jet. saw your car in the magazines this month. Love what you've done with it!