SAU Community

Loan Of An Air Flow Meter

rmahnovetsky

Hi Guys

Does anyone have an airflow meter I could borrow for a day or weekend at the most? I'm just trying to isolate an idling problem. I have tried swapping my AAC, air regulator and doing all the other common bits and pieces to find my idle problem but still no success. I just want to swap my AFM with your one for a day or a weekend to see if my car idles better as soon as I find a difference or not I will give it straight back to you - I could even notice it straight away. I will pick it up swap it and put it right back.

I have an R33 with a 3 pin AFM.

I would really appreciate any help. Prefer someone from the capalaba area or indooroopilly area as I travel a fair bit between the two. But Im not picky

cheers

Edited by rmahnovetsky

Hi Guys

Does anyone have an airflow meter I could borrow for a day or weekend at the most? I'm just trying to isolate an idling problem. I have tried swapping my AAC, air regulator and doing all the other common bits and pieces to find my idle problem but still no success. I just want to swap my AFM with your one for a day or a weekend to see if my car idles better as soon as I find a difference or not I will give it straight back to you - I could even notice it straight away. I will pick it up swap it and put it right back.

I have an R33 with a 3 pin AFM.

I would really appreciate any help. Prefer someone from the capalaba area or indooroopilly area as I travel a fair bit between the two. But Im not picky

cheers

Some people won't know how many pins their AFM has. You are after a series 2 one.

If you get stuck and can't get one, email me and I'll offer some solutions.

3lit3 32: Thanks for the backup champ, hopefully I can get one.

Rhinorebel: Thanks for looking for me, damn garage. ;)

Anyone one else able to help? would be really nice if someone could. All I really want to do is see if I can get my idle to be stable at 650-750 rpm. If I see no difference from my current idle situation then damn there is something else wrong.

No AFM here but have Datascan set up to plug in to see whats happening , at Shailer Park 0414 645 755.

Brad

Well if the datascan setup could find my problem then maybe I should try it out. Though I do have the consult interface but I dont have any software to run it properly and a laptop would be helpful. I took my computer out to the garage to log a few things but such a pain karting it around.

Edited by rmahnovetsky