SAU Community

Resin Cefiro

Resin

My 1988 cefiro came completely stock:

Stock Specs:

RB20det

Hicas

came stock as manual

Power windows, mirrors, steering, Auto lights, auto fold back mirrors, and a steering wheel design for the people who are slightly vertically challenged! ...its moves foward and backward. etc

climate control and cd player

Mods that i have done since i bought it

K&N panel filter

MP3 stereo

6x9's in the front doors

Boost gauge

Manual boost controller

Front and rear strut braces

Front and rear swaybars

Oil Catch can

Work Meister 17 by 8 and 17 by 9's

JIC coilovers rebuilt with bilstein inserts and eibach rear springs 6k front 4 k rear.

PAinted fron grill black

s2 taillights

R32 Gtr Seats

The car was completely stock when i bought it with approx 40000kms on the clock. Heres a pic of what it looked like when I bought it. It has been serviced regularly every 5000 kms.

i will update this some more tonight when i have some time

post-15336-1161058759.jpeg

post-15336-1161058783.jpeg

post-15336-1161058802.jpg

post-15336-1161058819.jpg

Edited by Resin

well i received my batmbl twin dump front pipe and high flow cat so they will be going on soon aswell as cat back exhaust.

Brakes will be after that (still deciding on what to do)

I am also looking for late model stock bumpers for it (not keen on any of the body kits available for them)

well i received my batmbl twin dump front pipe and high flow cat so they will be going on soon aswell as cat back exhaust.

Brakes will be after that (still deciding on what to do)

I am also looking for late model stock bumpers for it (not keen on any of the body kits available for them)

let us know how the dump and front fits up :P

let us know how the dump and front fits up :)

I'll second that as i need a dump / front ... the car just aint handling the track work with only a Cat back exhaust!

If you are happy with the final product... maybe post up details, cost etc.... although i need it for a RB25DET :)

i will lets you know how it goes

anyone know or had a good experience with an exhaust shop around sydney (some where say on a train line or north of the harbour?)

last place i went to i wasnt terribly happy with the result

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow long time no post. I sorta forgot about this thread.....anyway a bit of stuff has happened to the car since 2006

Year 2007: i decided to go with was the r33 gtst allround brakes with the 5 stud hubs. S14 front hubs and lower control arms (this i want to change back with r33 ball joints? ) Quite a nice conversion and fairly impressive how much actually fits with out too many mods .......only the lines need modding (i got new ones). Hand brake cable is just the cefiro original installed into the r33 rear hubs. New brakes lines were installed.

This meant the sale of the black works and the use of stock r33 wheels for the at least another 1.5 years.

Rear camber kit installed

Rear subframe bushes installed

Year 2008: Sold the R32 Gtr seats they were just too uncomfortable for general use. plus werent in the best condition and made the car too rundown.

Got a s2 front bumper installed and painted (really like that.)

Just jap upgraded radiator

Year 2009: Exhaust finally installed (was forced into it as the front pipe hit a high point in the road and tore a hole in it. ) It fairly quiet but grumbly ( how i wanted it) 3 inch all the way with the batmbl twin dump installed and high flow cat. Rear muffler with twin pipes.

Picked up some r32gtr wheels to put on it ....so these will go on soon.

Some photos attached of the brake upgrade. Will add new photos of whatr the car current looks like over the next week.

post-15336-1237019255_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019276_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019304_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019345_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019377_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019764_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237019886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Resin

Im trying to reduce the increased camber resulting from the s14 lower control arms.

s14 ball joints apparently only come attached to the lower control arms new from nissan, so what do people do about obtaining some and putting them into the a31 lower control arms? take them out of the s14 ones i already have? Pedders also dont stock them.

Cheers

Alex

cartorque here in SA

and probably others to S14 rollcenter adjusters (ball joints)

for $95ish buy them and get them fitted to s13 lca

problem solved plus corrected roll center :P

Some more images:

half way through 2008 i had a front end accident which was one of those moments you hope that u never experience. I had to make up my mind whether i wreck the car then ...or fix it .......i dont think i spent much time thinking about the wrecking it part but it was an option. While i was getting it fixed i got other parts of the car resprayed aswell which included the roof and rear quarters. The whole front end of the of the car and front drivers door were resprayed as part of the repair. It was done professionly.

New radiator was also installed at this stage.

post-15336-1237430001_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237430053_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237430078_thumb.jpg

post-15336-1237430109_thumb.jpg

cartorque here in SA

and probably others to S14 rollcenter adjusters (ball joints)

for $95ish buy them and get them fitted to s13 lca

problem solved plus corrected roll center :sweat:

thanks will check that out.

U say fit them to the s13 LCA's ......A31 LCA ok?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tis looking very tidy! :/

Got a question...

Yours has the same stock front bar as mine, but how come mine just doesnt sit snugly like yours does? I have no idea where to fix anything to so it sits nicely.. :blink:

Could ya maybe help me out? Thanks mate..

n717762850_1492841_2149145.jpg

Adam. :P

Edited by AdMan

its fits on different to the s1 stock bar....has screws for the reinforcement bar ...instead of the plastic clips which the s1 bar has. i didnt fit mine the panel beater did .....and i really dont want to take it off .....! From memory the reinforcement bars arent any different but mine was all crumpled so it was hard to tell.

ok LCA's with r33 balls joints went in at the weekend and the r32 gtr wheels are now on .......looks hot (photos soon). Just need a wheels alignment now ...got it as best as i could so its driveable. I do have some rubbing on the rear right wheel which im going to have sort out.

• 2 weeks later...