SAU Community

My On-going Dispute With Recent Fines I Received

Mr-Toy33

Dam man...makes u wander "if only I hadnt approached the copper in the first place..."

All i know for sure is that air pods are LEGAL under the condition that they are not loose and are clamped down reasonably well...

BOV's are also legal but yes....cops do tend to use the noise pollution excuse

As for the copper....dam he musta been a real wanker, his obviously not doin his job properly and is taking the law under his own hands....but mostly jus a wanker with sirens and uniform

if I were in ur shoes at the time...I woulda jus drove off after payin for the fuel and pretended u forgot bout him...not like he had pulled u over for anythin so there was no need for u to stick around...but i suppose if my farther was a lawyer then I woulda stuck around aswell :laugh:

As Toy33 said You should be able to approach a police officer and ask them a question and not worry about getting reamed. Most will assist with any inquiries although they are a mixed bag.

If you drove off you would get fined at a bear minimum but more probably get arrested and charged for Obstruct.

Cheers

Imtorqing

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Toy, what's happening on the private front of going after this police officer you were talking about?

Also, are you getting all your expenses/legal bills etc paid for?

Also wonderd this.

Although im 99% positive of what the outcome was of this as its relatively impossible to regain costs from a dispute with the crown or sue an officer civily, entertain me.

Also entertain me with how the whole "getting the police powers laws changed" is going.

these...few posts above...hard to miss lol.

We cant further submit anything yet to have the matter of legislation changed on howcops hand out defects until this case is over which wont be till 30th of March when I have to rockup to have the charges against me dismissed by the judge.

And while our evidence proves that the car wasn't defectable nor requiring a modification plate, the cops evidence (that being the voice recording) also proves that the cop perfectly knew well that what he was doing was wrong and that he shouldnt of been handing out the defect notice and modification plate fines to me in the first place.

After the case is done, i'm submitting a order to the small claims court to be reinburst. 2 orders will be submitted. 1 being to the cop and the other being towards the police force. whichever one gets rejected obvisously we dont go down that path of gettin the money back from them.

While the conversation proves i was not guilty all along from the start and the cop makes such statements as "We shouldnt even be standing here talking about this or having to do this" clearly proves from the start that he was in the wrong.

We'll see how we go, what loophole we may of found I'm not sure but thats in the hands of the lawyers to look after.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the magistrate suggest that it was a waste of his time or something similar? That would've been icing on the cake ;)

Wouldn't have a clue. Wish I was there to be able to have my say on the issue to the judge to further recommend any higher punishment to the cop if any is given to him.

The cop who issued the fines to me ignored all letters, request, phone calls, etc requesting for the fines to be dismissed before taking it any further through the courts. Of course, the cop being the fella he think he is "being above everyone and think hes top shit" ignored all request. Dad knew his boss through the courts in dealin with other cases and even his boss suggested to the cop to drop the fines which he didnt.

Was only the other week when dad and the cop's boss produced the evidence we had to an inspector who then suggested that the case be dismissed and not go any further. Unfortantly the boss of the cop who issued me the fines couldnt have the fines dismissed, it needed to come from higher ranks which it did.

To those who have been fined incorrectly by this cop, probably best to either

a) go and see if you can have the matter heard in the courts to have the points given back to you and reinburst for the amount you paid in the fine

b) dont worry about it.

I would probably suggest not worrying about it because law see's it as once you've made any payment to a fine, you've admitted guilt straight away.

But like the cop said to me, he goes through the courts every week which to me sounds about right cause he's far from being able to do his job properly in giving out incorrect fines. All seriousness, the fine for not having a modification plate was a complete joke to me and everyone else who's been told about it has just laughed.

Yep, same thing that always happens, police prosecutors and (higher up) police in general have better things to do than waste their time on traffic fines...argue with some kind of merit and you'll always win. There's no way that cop will be punished in any way for this. But yea, so how about changing that law John?

But yea, so how about changing that law John?

I'll be talkin to dad when I see him next which will lead me with what I need to do about the abuse of such powers the cops have been doing.

If it isn't a change to the full extent that I would like, then possibly something could be done in regards to what police do with the law they have.

Of course if nothin can be done, i'm sure Today Tonight would have a feild day over this or maybe ACA?

Cops hate have the media jump in and have the public be told that they were in the wrong, so one can only see/hope somethin could be done to avoide the media gettin involved.

but, I guess from here onwards while I'm out drivin that car, the cops will further harass me to which will end up makin things worse for them when i clearly will not tollerate it.

If they cant see that when I told this cop I'd take it to court that I wasn't joking, by all means I'm happy to use another cop as a perfect example that I'm not joking yet again. heheheh

Personally I'd just be happy that you've won this case - the last thing you need is a mark against your name (which you probably already have to an extent). Regardless of how right you were, the officer in question probably sees what's happened as him being victimised by an angry hoon for just trying to do his job, which isn't going to make him go easy on you... it'll just make him more careful. If you do pursue this further, be prepared to accept the backlash, and don't be under the illusion that harassment lawsuits will get people off your back.

TT/ACA will probably only show interest if they can turn it into another hoon story. The market they generally aim for would just see another 'hoon' getting what's coming to him unfortunately, so my advice would be to think and tread very carefully if you follow that path. It could work very well for you, or it could blow up in your face. Something to think about...

I don't mean to sound negative, just make sure you know exactly what you're doing.

Personally I'd just be happy that you've won this case - the last thing you need is a mark against your name (which you probably already have to an extent). Regardless of how right you were, the officer in question probably sees what's happened as him being victimised by an angry hoon for just trying to do his job, which isn't going to make him go easy on you... it'll just make him more careful. If you do pursue this further, be prepared to accept the backlash, and don't be under the illusion that harassment lawsuits will get people off your back.

TT/ACA will probably only show interest if they can turn it into another hoon story. The market they generally aim for would just see another 'hoon' getting what's coming to him unfortunately, so my advice would be to think and tread very carefully if you follow that path. It could work very well for you, or it could blow up in your face. Something to think about...

I don't mean to sound negative, just make sure you know exactly what you're doing.

Yep, all well and true.

One thing no one has ever thought about when it actually comes to ACA/TT is also recording the whole interview themselves so there is more then 1 copy of the video/voice recording.

Once ACA/TT turn the story around to become yet another "hoon" story, in the end it could blow up worse in their face with a recording coming from my side proving what TT/ACA gave the public was a load of bullshit if I was to send it to other media resources (for instance, newspapers, etc). In turn, this could turn the show into shit for them as is alot of the corby case going on right now as well as that other inncident that happened to TT last year.

I think though in the end, alot could backfire in both ways but its a risk either way.

Marc's exactly right......I think you'll fall from a far height once you realise what it is your actually trying to do and who is/isn't willing to help you. I think you'll find the media more an enemy than a friend on this particular issue.

So basically, u just wasted a bunch of time, and if your dad wasnt a lawyer would have been a waste of money aswell, and the cop gets of with nothing. I WANNA SEE BLOOD DAMMIT. Cant you make the cop pay some how. pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee.

So basically, u just wasted a bunch of time, and if your dad wasnt a lawyer would have been a waste of money aswell, and the cop gets of with nothing. I WANNA SEE BLOOD DAMMIT. Cant you make the cop pay some how. pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee.

Far from a waste of time for me dude.

Got out of paying $300 in fines and got my 3 or 4 points back that they took off me for no reason (that being, car wasnt defectable nor require a mod plate).

And if dad wasn't a lawyer, I would of run it myself easily as it's not brain surgery to gain all the evidence needed to put forward your case.

I just had dad run it for me cause well, he is a lawyer which in turn puts a bit of a scare into the justice system that someone who knows the law will fight what was clearly wrong.

I'm seein my father this weekend, so I'll be seeing what in turn I can do about this cop and his harassement of those within the import scene.

more then likely I'll just be told to write a letter to the police commissioner in complaint to the actions of this cop and take it from there.

Blood on the other hand will not be seen unless he accidently paper cuts himself which by all means stupidity has already been shown by giving me the fines so it wouldnt surprise me if this happens.