SAU Community

What Cams To Use In Rb30/rb25de Conversion?

aleckan

I'm soon about to do the rb30 conversion with a rb30e bottom and r32 rb30de head.

The goal is 700hp+ on the crank and my question what camshafts I should use for this. I searched the Tomei website etc and I found nothing that fits the r32 rb25de head?

Is it possible to make gtr cams work in this head, I do want to convert to solid lifters so that shouln't be a problem.

Anyone that can help me sort out what to use? =)

Edited by aleckan

mate go to the rb30 dohc thread ask there. BUT READ THROUGH THE THREAD FIRST.

this question has been asked alot of times.

DO A SEARCH

this actually isn't that related to the rb30 conversion. what I'm asking what cams I should use in a rb25de head if I'm aming for 700hp+.

I have downloaded that thread and search through every one of the posts, and there is nothing there that helps me. :dry:

and what question has been asked a lot of times, if I can fit rb26dett cams into a rb25 head? I can't find anything when I search for that either. :P

If you are aimimg for that sort of power I would go the RB26 head right off the bat.

Solid Lifters, best stock cams, more turbo options due to manifold availability, Best plenum,

It will cost you $1000 more to buy the head but in the long run it will be cheaper

hey dude, when we built my 30/25 and used an aspirated head we used the aspirated cams and made 465bhp on 27psi but with a massive drop off top end! So we got hold of a set of 26 cams and had them ground by sure cams so as we could still use hydraulic lifters and also used adjustable cam gears and made 602bhp pump fuel with 29psi. all with standard inlet, throttle body..... (basiclly a completely standard head with cams and camgears)!!

pm me if u want any info...

nath

With 11mm of lift I'd assume the head will be solid so use a set of GTR cams.

ok thats possible, great!

do you know if the gtr lifters would work in a rb25 head?

No idea to be honest.

You can grab solid conversion kits from nengun and the likes.. They aren't that expensive really.

thanks for all good answers cubes!

nengun, do they have a website? =)