SAU Community

What Mods Are Defectable?

steveo_r33

Hey Guys,

I have owned 2 gts-ts in the past year, and got defected with my old r33 for exhaust / height / Noise / Pod.

I had to go to EPA, buy a standard exhaust / airbox and have the (HKS 4" exhaust) moved around to accomodate for the 100mm minimum height.

I have just bought myself a 1997 R33 SII Black GTS-T Manual......

I have:

Pod / Strut braces / sway bars / hks 4" power exhaust / front pipe / dump pipe / installing fmic next week / turbo timer (already got). and just some average mags that came with the car.

I plan on upgrading the turbo / computer / / hi flo cat / injectors / manifold / cam shaft / gears / boost controller /

I have ordered my front mount, and am wondering how, considering i have all these mods done I can keep cops from defecting me.

So do I just need to go get an engineers cert once this is all done?

I realise I will always get defected for noise if not using standard exhaust?

With the pod filter scene, what happens if i put some sort of pod in my standard air box and use the snorkel? or even buy a k & n panel filter can they still d*ck me?

I am just so over the cops troubling me.. I have lost my license and doing up my r33 for when i get my license back in febuary.. got done street racing in my old 33.. 1500$ fine. 1 yr disqaul. 3 months CAR impounded at enfield, i even made the leader!.

Yeh so come on guys shed some light on how i can get pulled over and not feel like I am about to get but raped and have to take my car off the road .....

If i cannot totally make this legal what i want is to atleast keep it conspicous and have a coppas not have a clue.... (hiding pod) (hiding powerfc controller) stuff like that.

FILL ME IN PLEASE! :P:D

if your pod filter is 60% enclosed it is not a defect, if your fmic is covered underneath it is not a defect, as for the injectors manifold cam shaft and gear u need an engineers and boost controler defect!!!

Ok cool..thanks i guess I can make something up for the pod... fmount should b fine as its a series 2.... as for internal mods.. cops wouldnt have a clue though.. so its not like theyre gonna pull my engine apart to check my cam shaft......

As far as exhausts go... they defect me for (a) being to loud (90dB) (b) being an after market part on the car.

So I can engineer it to be on the car but It will still be over 90 dB... guess I can grab a standard exhaust like, and just run to EPA n back every now and then... I dont think a resonator / silencer could silence a turbo back HKS 4" exhaust lol.... if it could it would restrict flow / be bad for the car?..

:P

Dont drive like a tool, dont act like a tool, stay away from known defect hot spots.

Pretty simple.

Im not a dumb sh*t... i got defected just cruising in a back street......

Cops in Sutherland shire and the worst... ppls northshore sydney have it easy.... cops there are awesome.. they actually have crimes to worry about....

I thought simply having a fmic is a defect and has to be engineered as with ever aftermarket bit you add / change?

someone fill me in im not getting great answers. . thanks

Your best answer will come from whoever you are planning to get to engineer the car, they will let you nkow what you need to do to satisfy their requirements.

As for the northshore people have it easy comments, you know what... we do...lol.. but yuo know why? because we are a little more respectful of the law and in general we don't act like tools.

Your best answer will come from whoever you are planning to get to engineer the car, they will let you nkow what you need to do to satisfy their requirements.

As for the northshore people have it easy comments, you know what... we do...lol.. but yuo know why? because we are a little more respectful of the law and in general we don't act like tools.

ALL THIS TOOL TALK LOL THATS MY WORD FOR STARTERS.... I AM GETTING SUBLIMINIMAL MESSAGES FROM ALL YOUR POSTS.... HMMM ARE YOU SAYING I AM A TOOL! HAHA im over this thread no helpful info.

What Mods Are Defectable?, How do I not get defected?

Pretty much anything that makes your car handle, perform, look better or promote complete combustion, (which is ironic) as alot of mods full under EPA violations).

I think these days what seems to be common on what's defectable or not comes down to your attitude to driving or in general, and the attitude of the so called "law inforcers."

Apparently an aftermarket gear knob which doesn't have the H pattern on it, or if you dont' have it anywhere near the gear knob is ment to be a defect. So competeing agains bull shit regulations, as stated above, just avoid "hot spots" and don't creat to much attention to yourself.

There are written guidelines about what modifications you can do without the need of an engineer's certificate. and also which ones need an engineers report. Go to the RTA website and it is very simple to find them. abide by them and you will be fine.

There are written guidelines about what modifications you can do without the need of an engineer's certificate. and also which ones need an engineers report. Go to the RTA website and it is very simple to find them. abide by them and you will be fine.

cool ill try find it...cheers

ALL THIS TOOL TALK LOL THATS MY WORD FOR STARTERS.... I AM GETTING SUBLIMINIMAL MESSAGES FROM ALL YOUR POSTS.... HMMM ARE YOU SAYING I AM A TOOL! HAHA im over this thread no helpful info.

i gave you one of hte better answers of this thread!

ps. I'm not saying you're a tool, I'm just saying my area has earnt the respect of the police hence why we don't have as much trouble as other areas.