SAU Community

Compression Ratios?

Hey guys so I had my future skyline checked over today by TopRacing "Must say Awsome company, easy to deal with and willing to give you their time"!

Ok so heres the deal: The found nothing majorly wrong with car except few minor wiring problems! Ignition is fueling when switched to accessories 'instead of 2 secs stop it is continue to pump fuel' kinda dangerous but easy fix! 4th gear grinds a little bit with quick shifts! apparently an easy enough fix

The Problem 'Compression ratios' 150 145 140 140 135 125? The guys say its not that unusual and the car could last quiet a bit longer without any problems? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as i am purchasing vehicle on satdy!

They quoted me about $4000 to completely rebuild engine (stock internals 'no forgies) does this sound right?

Is there any other ways around this?

So anyway I was able to negotiate with seller and he has knocked a further $2000 of the car! which I feel is fairlly reasonable? I love the car and it seems this is the only future prob i may be faced with!

Would greatly appreciate opinions?

Cheers,

Dan

Hey guys so I had my future skyline checked over today by TopRacing "Must say Awsome company, easy to deal with and willing to give you their time"!

Ok so heres the deal: The found nothing majorly wrong with car except few minor wiring problems! Ignition is fueling when switched to accessories 'instead of 2 secs stop it is continue to pump fuel' kinda dangerous but easy fix! 4th gear grinds a little bit with quick shifts! apparently an easy enough fix

The Problem 'Compression ratios' 150 145 140 140 135 125? The guys say its not that unusual and the car could last quiet a bit longer without any problems? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as i am purchasing vehicle on satdy!

They quoted me about $4000 to completely rebuild engine (stock internals 'no forgies) does this sound right?

Is there any other ways around this?

So anyway I was able to negotiate with seller and he has knocked a further $2000 of the car! which I feel is fairlly reasonable? I love the car and it seems this is the only future prob i may be faced with!

Would greatly appreciate opinions?

Cheers,

Dan

hi mate, there is quite a bit of difference between those pots sounds a bit tired. normally 5-10 is ok, but anything more isnt crash hot.

has there been much work to car? wat boost it running? or what was it running.. wat kms has it got on the clock?.

just did mine the other day, mines done 170k+ now,

and mine was 175-175-175-175-175-175

hope that gives ya some insight. good luck :(

hi mate, there is quite a bit of difference between those pots sounds a bit tired. normally 5-10 is ok, but anything more isnt crash hot.

has there been much work to car? wat boost it running? or what was it running.. wat kms has it got on the clock?.

just did mine the other day, mines done 170k+ now,

and mine was 175-175-175-175-175-175

hope that gives ya some insight. good luck :devil:

Cheers for reply!

Car has 140000km on it, Boost controller running a bar when switched on!

New FMIC, new fuel pump, radiator, clutch the guy has $13000 in receipts with car!

Those compression ratios are awsome is it a rebuild???

Yeh im reconsidering now instead of him knocking $2000 off i might put it to him that he needs to knock $3000 off?

$16-17000 car with rebuild I believe would be fairlly good value, and least you have reassurance that internals are spot on!

I find old skylines will have corroding head gaskets problem..I got quoted around the $4000 to set things right as well...most ppl in this forum said it can be done within $1000.

I find old skylines will have corroding head gaskets problem..I got quoted around the $4000 to set things right as well...most ppl in this forum said it can be done within $1000.

Yeh Im thinking Gasket to! But for $4000 may aswell do a rebuild; chuck in the forgies + bore what extra $1500-$2000 still thats a lot more then I have atda moment!

$1000 what would that get you? Do you mean as in cut the 20 odd hrs of labour out ($2000), shit id be exstatic if I could get out of it for $2000!