SAU Community

Traffic Updates On The Radio

dan_the_man

i hear the same crap every morning.....

the kwinana is busy from canning hwy and the mitchell is busy from scarborough bch rd..... those stupid reporters need to get some new material, maybe report on some new roads rather than repeating the same sh*t every morning!

Edited by _8OO5TED_

i hear it while im at work :)

if the same roads are busy... wouldnt that mean everyone is taking the same route, and not listening to the reports?

regardless of which route you take, the quicker route is usually busy, and the longer route is slower...

"The Mitchell Freeway heavy, Hutton Street to Scaborough Beach Road"

I hear that every morning, I don't think they even do a check, they just say it. I leave for work at the same time every day and its different all the time....

man i had to take my sis to work today in osi park... f*k that bloody road is so busy - never again eh it's sht. i got to work at 9:15 and i started at 8:30. i thought leaving an hour and 20 mins before i start would give me enough time. stupid fkn red lights and traffic jams all the way. :yes:

me and my mate are constantly trying to find quicker ways to get to uni in peak traffic. We live close too (North Perth) so its kind of like a challenge to see who gets the quickest route, regardless of distance, to uni at say, just before 9am :no:

Cos the mounts bay rd off-ramp coming from north is a b!tch and all :)

but regarding the radio... i dont listen to the radio. period.

I listen to triplej, so I dont' get traffic reports :P

however when I'm in workmates cars (carpool ftw) and at work I hear them, only any good if there has been a big accident, or like when that guy jumped off the Hutton st bridge about a year ago (didn't he know how much inconvenience it would cause? :ninja:) They are mainly there for advertising, after saing how the roads are there is always an ad for something that the reporter announces, sounds really cheesy, too, they spend more time speaking out the ad that the actual traffic report.

I listen to triplej, so I dont' get traffic reports :no:

however when I'm in workmates cars (carpool ftw) and at work I hear them, only any good if there has been a big accident, or like when that guy jumped off the Hutton st bridge about a year ago (didn't he know how much inconvenience it would cause? :D) They are mainly there for advertising, after saing how the roads are there is always an ad for something that the reporter announces, sounds really cheesy, too, they spend more time speaking out the ad that the actual traffic report.

listen to 98.5 after every news break they quote the bible lol

It's always the same lines too - "Kwiniana is busy in the usual spots, Mitchel is busy from Hepburn Ave to Vincent St". It would be better so say "Kwinana is still clear at the moment, and Waneroo is busier than Mitchel..." or something like that - take it for granted that we know where it'll be busy allready.

I'm always driving accross or against the flow, so I laugh at them each day... well not maliciously, but smugly anyway.

Up marmion, along Whitfords (actually that can get busy until after the freeway), then up Waneroo... past Prindaville Drv (coz everyone else turns there), and up Buckingham.

I don't even listen to the radio anymore - just put a CD on...

• 2 weeks later...
listen to 98.5 after every news break they quote the bible lol

I was in a customers car the other day that had 98.5 on, heard their quote from the bible, I had a little chuckle to myself.