SAU Community

GTR Wheels

Yip, Vince over here had different sized tyres (on the same rims) on his GTR and his torque gauge was something like 50% all the time. It would eventually cause premature wear on the clutch packs, I think Vinces also accelerated funny until he got 4 identical tyres fitted.

Hows the AC3? Not been on my Konas for weeks!

Don't

Because of the slightly different rolling diameters , the ATTESSA will be for ever thinking the car is wheelspinning and keep trying to feed the power around to stop it.

Will kill the the transfer case clutch packs as Graeme said.

cheers

ken

If you fitted the same size tyre to those rims you would end up with a different rolling radius due to the tyre being "stretched" on the wider rim.

Without measuring them after they are fitted the same would apply for different size tyres on those rims. Even then, who knows? Unless someone has done this already and has proof I'd go same size front and rear.

• 4 weeks later...

could different widths cause a problem via aspect ratio??

eg 225/50/16

radius= (16/2)*2.54+(225*0.5)=315.7mm

rolling circumference = 2*3.1415*315.7

=1982mm

245/50/16

radius= (16/2)*2.54+(245*0.5)=325.7

rolling circumference = 2*3.1415*325.7

=2045mm

% difference =(2045-1982)/2045*100

=3%

Is this why datsuns have the same size tires front to rear. Volkswagons on the other hand 993 911 turbos have mixed aspect ratio tires due to their different tire widths. 40 series front and 35 rear but dont quote me

thoughts ??????

Guest RedLineGTR

for gtrs have the same wheels alround hence the ala 4wd style, for a gtst i would use fat ones for the rears and smaller for the front