SAU Community

Any Pics Of A Black 32 With Black Rims With Crome Dish

im buying a 32 this week and just wondering what rims would be good. looking at getting 5 spoke black 18's with a bit of crome dish like these. click me

stock m spec just lowered with some dark tint would be prefered. cheers or if someone could photochop it up cause i dont have photoshop on my computer. thanks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im buying a 32 this week and just wondering what rims would be good. looking at getting 5 spoke black 18's with a bit of crome dish like these. click me

stock m spec just lowered with some dark tint would be prefered. cheers or if someone could photochop it up cause i dont have photoshop on my computer. thanks

Buy quality wheels, not cheap shit.

meh im not racing i dont think i need super light weight wheels. and i cant justify spending 5k on a set of rims

you dont need 5k to buy quality wheels. try "work" wheels $2000-$2500 for a set of $18s.

meh im not racing i dont think i need super light weight wheels. and i cant justify spending 5k on a set of rims

Where did you get $5k from?

Halve that, and then some.

I'll take Japanese quality rims rather than a cheap cast heavy rim thats likely to buckle and/or snap at the centre any day of the week.

i dont think it would be legal to sell rims that would buckel anyday of the week for no reason. if you smash into a gutter your rims are f**ked anyway. ill go buy another one for $250. but the topic isnt about quality rims.

anyone got any pics

Edited by anyone

hey,

i know its a little off topic, but im selling koya rims with tyres for only 1800

http://www.thegodzilla.com/car-parts-for-sale.php

i dont think it would be legal to sell rims that would buckel anyday of the week for no reason.

Who's doing the quality control? Not any Australian organisation that's for sure.

So yes the only quality control being done is in the factory somewhere in China/Phillipines/Taiwan where these cheap wheels are made and you can bet that safety, integrity nor quality are the number one priority on the manufacturers minds.

if you smash into a gutter your rims are f**ked anyway. ill go buy another one for $250.

Okay so your rims are smashed against the gutter in an accident.

With cheap, poorly made wheels, the whole wheel could buckle and collapse and possibly dealing even more damage to your suspension, your brakes and your chassis.

With good quality rims, the wheel could withstand the hit and remain intact.

Maybe these pictures will change your mind:

dsc5279vi5.jpg

dsc5276vr5.jpg

ive seen xactly the same thing happen to a hsv gto monaro the awd ones with 300kw, except there was a lil more on the hubs then just the center bit lol.... p.s the car hit a wall doing approx 180km to damage the rim im talking about, as can be expected :S

Where did you get $5k from?

Halve that, and then some.

I'll take Japanese quality rims rather than a cheap cast heavy rim thats likely to buckle and/or snap at the centre any day of the week.

:)

You can get used rims from a reputable manufacturer for a lot less than $5K.

And if you've seen people driving on wheels from the Temple of Chrome etc, they also have a tendency to bend after a while due to the rough road surface and countless speed humps, and the chrome starts clouding and flakes off.

On topic, black cars with rims that have black spokes and polished lips look hot.

I have seen many cheap brands of rims fracture on the spokes from normal driving after less than 3 months.

trust me dude get some decent rims :(

There was a really nice lexus that ended up as scrap metal after the front right wheel folded in half going round a corner doing less than 60kmph. lexus cost $94,000 insurance company would not pay out as it was faulty non approved modification that was deemed to cause the accident.

dont listen to some of these guys man.....if ur after a nice set of good lookn rims....and not to shave off .85 seconds off ur drag time....just get wat u want.....

and about wheels buckling and stuff....just dont smash....end of story

ffs what does the topic title say ? cause i know for sure it doesnt say "hey is it worth getting better qaulity rims" ? thank you for your concern but im just looking for pictures for a black 32 with black rims with crome dish.

oh and im sure that the 33 in that picture has taken a punishment. and yes sliding sideways into sand is still putting alot of pressure onto the wheels.

I'm a fan of the black centre chrome dish look - there's a fair few different ones on tempetyres.com.au and ozzytyres.com.au

If you're not driving hard 24/7 and not planning on trash thrashing then I wouldn't be worried about getting quality jap rims...

I had a friend of mine who had a supercharged corolla have one of his rear wheels snap off while flying up Galston Gorge near Sydney.

Because of this he nearly took out a guy on a motorbike who certainly would have been killed. He's lucky he didnt kill himself! Dont skimp on wheels if you're gonna use them for going hard... street wheels... meh maybe yeah ok..