SAU Community

Sliding Performance Hiflow Picks And Installationon Rb20det

CEF11E

haha!

just got back from getting it dynoed.

Please keep in mind I tuned it myself and there are a few things that need sorting out

1. spark was getting blown out at 17PSI but was just ok at 16psi so I will have to gap the plugs down to 0.8 (they are now at 1.0)

2. My exhaust is only 2.75" from the cat back and it will be getting replaced shortly

3. I was maxing out the RB20AFM and have to decide to tune around it or to replace with Z32. I think in the end it will be replaced

4. didn't have time to lean the tune out. but at least it is nice and safe for now.

With the new exhaust and spark sorted out and with the tune leaned out it will make a solid 230rwkw at 18psi. The run below was done at 16psi and as you cansee it is breaking up a bit up top.

The car feels really great to drive and boost progression is very linear. it is not super responsive but vert pleasent to drive.

The car now feels solidly fast and I can only say good things about sliding performance turbochargers.

100_1189.jpg

The upside... my car looks completly stock down to BOV, airbox, ect. (except for frontmount)

All in all I am really happy and will sort all the littles out and get it redynoed in the following weeks and am expecting 300+ horsepower :P

Cheers!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do cubes :P

yep will spool earlier if it is leaned out a bit. there is no knock and the tune just needs to be leaned out :P not bad for a stock ecu that has been remapped.

there is definatly 230rwkw to be had with this turbo on an RB20.

it it really nice and progressive smooth and powerful. it does not whack you in the ass with one bit hit of boost.

Also forgot to mention it is making HEAPS of torque. unfortunatly I dont have a reading as i forgot to ask for one and i cant remember how much but it was really good.

it makes enough power to loose traction on accelleration in a straight line in 3rd.

It is quite a while scince i have drevn a REALLY fast car but it sure does have that HoLY ShiT factor when you put your foot down

simon-ae86, Did you get yours tuned

Edited by CEF11E

Ceffie

what gear did you do your run in?

I had my dyno today... Made few kw less, but boosts for longer.

will do a write up soon.

The run was done in 4th..

Really keen to see your results simon :no:

yeah should of got the scale on the bottom in rpm not speed.

Yeah Im heaps keen to see results too.

But for 1 hour and a self tune on a chip, dude I think you did alright hey!

Id like to know how they are both like for normal city driving, say under 3000rpm putting around. I know what mine is like with the stock turbo, and it feels pretty good for the city stuff.

Hey CEF11E, it's Jeff from the speedlab here.

I did the tune on simons car today. Curves look very similar, Simon has a printout with torque, i'll let him post that up. Made a few kw less than yours but thats probably partly due to the different dynos, weather, etc. But i was starting to run out of injector flow above 6000rpm if thats any indication. Twas also was suffering from ignition breakdown on a couple of occasions.

I noticed your power seems to drop off a little early. How did you go with timing? I found i could sneak a few degrees more up top just to keep it sweet. On the whole a very impressive reading for such a rich tune. I'm sure there is a heap more in it with 12:1 afr.

My opinion of the hi-flow rb25 turbo is that its very similar in response and power to the kkr-430. Its got 220rwkw in it easy on a rb20 with an upgraded fuel and ignition system to support it.

Cheers -Jeff

Edited by TSL

Yeah jeff did a fantastic job considering the issues i had with my car, not to sure why im running out of fuel up top as im just cracking 200 rwkw and i have a walbro pump in the car, injectors should be good for another 10-20 rwkw.

that said, i'll get some injectors, AFM and crank the boost a little more.

dyno sheet here.

1024360vl5.jpg

Edited by simon-ae86

Hi Jeff.

yep I am running heaps of timing :no: 22 degrees from 4000 to 5600 and 23 at 6000 and then 25 degrees from 6000 to 7800.

I will have to spend quite a bit of time leaning it out and try to bring it on boost a bit faster. I am going to drop the AFR's to 11.5 if i stay with the RB20afm just incase I get a really lead fool on a cold day. but if the Z32 goes in I will run 12:1.

Ok simons cars runing 98 octane. I'll send you the map, you will find its a lot more conservative than yours in the timing. I had 15deg btdc at peak torque then up to 18deg btdc at peak power.

Are you using live-edit/romulator? Using consult for trace etc?

Ok simons cars runing 98 octane. I'll send you the map, you will find its a lot more conservative than yours in the timing. I had 15deg btdc at peak torque then up to 18deg btdc at peak power.

Are you using live-edit/romulator? Using consult for trace etc?

yep. I am going to have to pull timing when more boost goes in and the afr's come up. Also my intercooler is 100mm thich and intake temps measured at the TB are allways below 30deg.

I use live edit or rom editor for fuel and timing maps but do not have a romulator just a stack of blank eproms, a laptop and a eprom burner. Have to get a romulator one of these days :no:

and I dont even have a consult cable at the moment so all calcs were done run by run.