SAU Community

Sliding Performance Hiflow Picks And Installationon Rb20det

CEF11E

wasnt able to get to the dyno today, so i had Jeff from The Speed Lab put my cefiro remap that was suited to the KKR 430 onto my r32, while not perfect its still better then running the stock map with this turbo.

the ceffy remap was tuned for 16-17 psi, but for safety until i get the car onto the duyno, im running 1 bar.

Im getting full boost at over 4000 rpm but before 4500. from then on it pulls extremally hard,

Comparing to my cefiro, which had 200 rwkw, this feels slightly quicker.

The downside is that offboost and while its trying to build boost down low in the rpm range its bloody slow lol.

u did a big mistake getting a kkr430,they r da laggiest turbos iv seen around lol mate..my mate got 1 on his r32,boost dsnt kik in till bot 4000revsn he regrest it lolll,i got gt28r,which is a jdm t28 s15 turboon my R32and its heapz better,very responsive...getting it dynoed next weekend....anyways gud luck wit da turbo mate

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT... I really am getting tired of driving a car that has a decent motor but crap turbo on it so it very well may see a vg30 max oversize slide turbo thrown on the side. See how things go. :(

I fail to see how you could go wrong.

Itd be a beast Im sure...... and Im positive itd be well worth the money and effort.

u did a big mistake getting a kkr430,they r da laggiest turbos iv seen around lol mate..my mate got 1 on his r32,boost dsnt kik in till bot 4000revsn he regrest it lolll,i got gt28r,which is a jdm t28 s15 turboon my R32and its heapz better,very responsive...getting it dynoed next weekend....anyways gud luck wit da turbo mate

english please...

the KKR 430 is fine.. and if ytou read the above posts you'll see that at 200 rwkw the Slide turbo and the KKR are very similar in performance.. its over 200 rwkw that the Slide turbo starts to really shine. I didnt find the KKR430 very laggy once my car was tunned. Maybe your mate forgot this crutial part when he chucked the turbo on his car.

Tangles, let us know what your results are. Dont be suprised if it feels a bit sluggish at 12psi. it really comes on at about 1 bar.

I would say the efficancy range is between 14 and 18psi.

possibly Aaron can confirm this. Also I am measuring boost pressure 6" from the turbine housing as opposed to the intake manifold.

Aaron if you read this can you confirm where the turbos rated pressure is to be measured at? intake manifold or right after the turbo. and it 18psi right?

Cheers :P

Aggghhh.... Irratic pissed typing :dry:

Edited by CEF11E

Tangles, let us know what your results are. Dont be suprised if it feels a bit sluggish at 12psi. it really comes on at about 1 bar.

I would say the efficancy range is between 14 and 18psi.

possibly Aaron can confirm this. Also I am measuring boost pressure 6" from the turbine housing as opposed to the intake manifold.

Aaron if you read this can you confirm where the turbos rated pressure is to be measured at? intake manifold or right after the turbo. and it 18psi right?

Cheers :dry:

Aggghhh.... Irratic pissed typing :)

The max efficiency and best overall boost pressure to run is 17-18psi.

The most reliable place to read boost from is the compressor housing however it is not accurate boost pressure as there will be pressure drop in the intercooler and pipework.

Having the boost reading just before before the cast alloy bend that goes over the cam covers is the best place to get the boost pressure from.

:P Aaron

interesting to see that you guys are getting decent results with these highflow turbos.

as far as the rom editing is concerned ive tuned a few rb20's via flash chips and they work well...for real time tuning i have a motes ostrich emulator which is a steal at 175$usd for a good robust emulator that is usb driven not the old serial.

coupled with a software that monitors changes to a file and uploads them to the romulator on the fly, using romedit and having a wideband at hand we pulled substantial fuel out of my friends bpu'ed rb20 and it was a night and day diffrence.

on a stock rb20 fuel map the afr's would dive into the 10's, it was amazing the car ignited the mix as my personal car has problems when afrs get that low (but then again i run a MUCH larger turbo and lots more boost).

You have to be really careful using those chips. The ECU is capable of delivering voltage spike that is enough to flash certain parts of the map. This happened and I couldn't find the problem till I looked at the .rom and it was FF in parts of the VQ table and the fuelmap :0

Are you using 2 tunes on the one chip and a pull up resistor to switch? I am running this setup with a mechanic/wife/valet tune that only revs to 4000rpm. At the flick of a switch it becomes a 93rwkw shopping kart :huh:

You have to be really careful using those chips. The ECU is capable of delivering voltage spike that is enough to flash certain parts of the map. This happened and I couldn't find the problem till I looked at the .rom and it was FF in parts of the VQ table and the fuelmap :0

Are you using 2 tunes on the one chip and a pull up resistor to switch? I am running this setup with a mechanic/wife/valet tune that only revs to 4000rpm. At the flick of a switch it becomes a 93rwkw shopping kart :)

Nah. If the 27fm256 chips were still being made I would have used them instead. My mates old R31 had the switch setup though and yeah he used it for the eact same thing you do.

I didn't realise how many people tune the stock ecu's these days. Its good to see.

Maybe we should all start a new thread for just eccs chip tuning? :)

That is a really good idea :) and put all the information in one place. I think there are about 20 users that tune stock ecu's

Really keen for this! perhaps we could even get a mini section on SAU to hold all the info and some .bin files?

i'm keen on that as well.... i don't think i can justify forking out $1500 for an AP Engineering PFC, when the stock computer will do the same thing when socketed/chipped/tuned

(Mine has been chipped and tuned by DrDrift in the past, so would be interested to look into getting the equipment to do it, and how easy it is to do... not so much for myself, but if i rocked up at a tuner's workshop with the equipment and said "can you tune this" if they'd be able to do it?)

i'm keen on that as well.... i don't think i can justify forking out $1500 for an AP Engineering PFC, when the stock computer will do the same thing when socketed/chipped/tuned

(Mine has been chipped and tuned by DrDrift in the past, so would be interested to look into getting the equipment to do it, and how easy it is to do... not so much for myself, but if i rocked up at a tuner's workshop with the equipment and said "can you tune this" if they'd be able to do it?)

Yeah I'm the same mate.Not that the PFC is a bad ro anything but to me PFC route for the R32 is going to the dark side. :)

The stock ecu is a very good peice of gear if you know how to use it.

I have a few bins..

Also have an R32 RB25de one. :)

The PFC is just so easy to tune on road via its knock readout. I paid 1k for mine with h/c so not so bad. :)

The PFC is nothing more than an rb25 powerfc pro with a different flashed chip. Being an rb25 ecu you can see the mods they have done to make it suitable for the r32's wiring loom.

However.. I have been thinking about fiddling with a stock ecu.

OK. I will start thread tonight and we can all go from there?

I would love to talk to a few of you guys and see if I can fill in a few gaps that I am unsure on yet and of course visa-versa.

Cubes I did read that thread you had on the PFC for the Rb20, very interesting and its a worry that the minor changes they made are worth so much more than a normal unit.

The RB30 would work very well with the stock ecu I would think so yeah have a fiddle.

Edited by RedDrifter

not much from me, im trying to track down some injectors before i wind up the boost for more power.

I just wired a power feed + relay from the battery to the fuel pump also as reccommended by a few people as i was having lean out issues at high rpm on 205 rwkw on stock injectors, the injectors should be good for another 10-15 rwkw so not sure why the lean out there. Thought the walbro might be taxing a bit much power from the stock fuel pump wiring.

Plan is injectors, boost controller of somesort, Z32 afm and dyno, want around 230 rwkw.