SAU Community

What Is With My Car?

Hey guys,

Quick run down.....7 runs at WSID last night - 14.7 @ 95.

this was 5 of my 7 runs. (other 2 I totally screwd up - missed 3rd!)

Ok - car is 33GTST series 1.

usual mods...

unifilter pod, fmic, turbosmart boost controller (sinle stage - 7 - 12psi) and 3 inch dump pipe, standard cat and 3 inch cat back. (exedy heavy duty cutch)

and HKS fuel cut defender - these mods made 195rwkw tuned at UAS. (air / fuels all good)

Now, last night - the car was beaten by skyrines with much less power and mods.

My 60 footers were 2.1 and 2.2 (best was 1.9 standard)

On standard 7psi I was doing 14.7 @ 95 and on 12psi - 14.7@95 - no difference at all.

I noticed on the higher boost setting, the car was surging/bogging down on gear changes - not wheel spin

On lower boost, wasnt bigging down but you could hear/feel it "chirp"

my gear changes werent that slow nor that harsh (treat it with some respect! haha)

(last month only got 2 runs in and did a wheel spining 14.6 at 99.7 - 2nd run blew a cooler hose)

Just need to know, wtf is going on with my car? a standard series 2 with just a turbo back (nismo god from here) did a 13.7 and mr moo also did a 14.1

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

What should I do or what should I change?

My tyres werent the best but held up ok.

Im thinking new plugs, get the injectors looked at, and the fuel filter - anything else?

Thanks guys,appreciate your help and comments and sorry for the long post

Cheers,

Chris

you could've just been having a bad night.

i'd get rid of the stock cat though. that will help a bit.

the bogging sounds like it may have been your plugs, or it may have been pinging and the ecu was backing the timing of a bit.

Are you sure he did a 13.7 with just a cat-back exhaust....that sounds a bit surprising to me. But anyway yeah did the car feel like it was pulling any harder at any stage with the boost turned up?

turbo back he had sorry.

nismo god from nsw section.

he then had slicks from benm (also from nsw section) and did a 13.4

yeah plugs are getting done now!

mad - Im always have a bad night at the drags haha

your max speed looks a bit down bud. i thought it wud be above 100mph with 195 kws. your 60 footer looks good. is your car pinging up top? i think that mite be the problem, cos youd be losing power. with 2.0 sec 60 footers it dusnt look like ur launch or tyres are the problem

Sound to me like you might have come to the point where you are battling R&R! Try some sort of engine managment I reckon! Oh and a decent cat for sure! The complicance one is nasty and by far the biggest restriction in the exhaust

Hey bud, somethings definately wrong with you setup. . .

I have: Full exhaust, china FMIC, HKS pod and Bosch 044 ~ 180 rwkw

my 60' times suck and i'm able to do flat 14's

If you are surging/bogging down I'd say R&R, you are missing ~ 5 mph at least, 60' foot times are good. . .

check your AFM sensor isn't oily/dirty, recently had that problem with the HKS filter, have a new filter going in asap. . .

good luck

Jays

possibly just practice (no offence) - but with 205rwkw in my s5 rx7 (i know may've been a little lighter) when i had it i did a 12.9 @ 108 with 1.8 60ft with chromies on and the doof doof install in the boot...

gear changes and getting that perfect start all helps.

those other guys with the quicker times, how many times have they been out?

good luck with it, hopefully you can get a flat 14, high 13?

If you think you have 195rwkw and are only running 95mph, then you are kidding youself.

Whoever dyno'd your car - made it look high.

I laugh at all of these people that say "my car has this rwkw" and then when I say thats not right, they get all smart assed about it and tell me I am jealous or something.

Then someone goes down the strip, and runs 95mph and shows their TRUE power.

Mate, you'll be lucky if you have more than 160rwkw.

Oh, and I don't see the mention of a aftermarket ECU \ management... If you don't have that then you certainly don't have anymore than 160rwkw.

When I had a Powerfc, Tune, FMIC, FULL exhaust, boost at 12psi, I was running 200rwkw, and 13's at 105mph...

240rwkw now - 12's at 112mph+........

the mafia,

was actually done by UAS - a well known and good workshop in NSW.

Any questions with your doubts -

Ill get that dyno sheet up and you can speak with the guys at UAS to question their work :)

I also ran just under 100mph last month.

Are you sure he did a 13.7 with just a cat-back exhaust....that sounds a bit surprising to me. But anyway yeah did the car feel like it was pulling any harder at any stage with the boost turned up?

i was there and he did do a 13.7 and he was in the 13's all night

and chubb if i can get a 13.9 at 98mph with 165rwkw im sure ur car juz has a problem. and i know its ur not driving mate u taught me

Edited by burnsie

im suffering a slow launch as to my big fat heavy wheels and not enough torque,arent you running stock 32gtst rims evil weevil?

im not expert but maybe your loosing terminal velocity as you have alot of power but small light wheels,it all depends on your overall wheel diametre,but maybe just the rim itself does come into play,because your

getting great launches,but just not carrying the pulling power the rest of the track.

its just a thought,maybe it could help

Does the car feel slower than it did when it was dyno'd, maybe th efuel pump has died, however the mafia has a good point, 205rwkw with a stock computer?The whole programming of the standard computer is set around making sure the car cant make more power, however i think there is something else wrong.

195rwkw from UAS Adriano - car felt much quicker after the fuel cut defender - was really surprised - felt much quicker than my old Gen3 with more power.

RSTME - yep - stock 32 rims - I know my tyres are almost shot, and wouldnt help me too well!

You might have the curse, check out benm's posts from his GTST days. He has the curse. I think I have it too but a slightly milder dose.

Try 10psi next time because 12 might just be a bit too much for that turbo with your setup. 10psi might get rid of the surge which is definitely slowing you down and showing as low mph.

I had surge on my stock turbo but blew it before I could figure out how to fix it.