SAU Community

Mt Gravatt Hand Car Wash

Einstein

So i got off work this morning (yay graveyards) and decided to check out the new hand car wash place at Mt Gravatt (kinda corner of logan and creek rd, towards computer alliance/shell servo) and give my baby some loving.

Cost me $33 bucks for the Worx, inside and out detailing.

You basically drive your car up, order your wash of choice, leave it in the driveway and pop into the cafe on site for a coffee and cake while you wait and watch the guys work.

Of course this sounds like a shameless plug, but i can't really say enough good things about this place. They're obviously skyline enthusiasts, as they took extra care of my car and it popped out the other side in fantastic nick. Even the scratches under the door handles (ex girls car) were fixed up, and the scrapes from my shoes on the sideskirt from getting in and out.

A+

:)

Look for the big orange signs with the hand print logo.

Edit:

Bumping post

Since we're entering level 5 restrictions which prohbits anyone washing their cars, you might want to keep this car wash in mind as they now offer 10% discount to SAU members.

They recycle their water and will be able to continue operation as we sink further into drought, and a dirty skyline makes baby jesus cry.

Just to clarify - the discount is for SAu Qld Club Members (ie you will need to flash your member card).

:wave:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been wanting to use one of these places for a while... they seem pretty cool. I was stunned at how many are being built in Sydney at the moment. Every 5 minutes we'd pass ANOTHER one being built! And wih water restrictions, they're fab. Might have to go check this one out, seeing as we're close to Mt Gravatt and all :sick::spank:

we can still wash at home with just a bucket though cant we?

although I often just take my own bucket to the sunshine autowash (opposite Hyperdome) and diy! just use the rinse and wheel cleaner

but its good to know they do a good job!

$33 plus coffee and cake...I could do 12 weeks worth of washes at the freedom fuels self serve at EMP! cost me $3 per wash :laugh:

$1 = soap spray

$1 = fill bucket containing meguiars shampoo and sponge the car down

$1 = power rinse it off and shammie!

Do it late at night when there's not many ppl :laugh:

how long did they take to do all of the car??

about 20-30 minutes (usually 15-20 for non skylines i think, lol)

Was that to wax and polish it as well or just wash.

Ed.

when i say detail i mean detail

they buffed scratches out of my paint, full wax and polish, my car GLEAMS

Basically, this place is a good idea if you haven't cleaned your car in a while, or have a lot of frequent passengers. My poor baby was both of those and it needed a fair touchup, so to me it's good value because i just don't have time these days to do it myself (over an hour easy) and it's not me who has to do the elbow grease =P

forget the $33 on hand car washs. I pay a kid down the road $5 to wash my car. I supply the stuff and he spends about 1hr washing/vacuming my car :rofl:

That sounds like a good idea maybe he can buff my car manualy for $10