SAU Community

Parts & Pieces - By Friday

Guest RedLineGTR

Guest RedLineGTR

I need to know all the parts surrounding the timing belt that should be replaced.

MY timing belt has been changed. The other parts I have found I should change are which I believe are parts associated with it or near:

1.Idler Bearing

2.Tensioner Bearing

3. Crank & Cam seals (WTF Are they would i need to change them & has anyone had problems with them leaking) What do they need to do to get to them.

*Any other important parts associated with the timing belt which could destroy the engine if they fail.*

- Need answers by tomorrow Friday, when I’m gonna get a quote of some thing to get serviced.

PS. I have read the forums & searched the forums & Maintenance guides. Just need some more answers.

Thanks For Your Replys

Maybe change the water-pump if you feel you need to protect your engine, cause you need to remove the timing belt before you can change the water-pump.

Might be the same one as VL so it might be cheap and easy to get in oz.

MEGA

They only need changing if they are worn, I assume if they were they would have been done with the timeing belt.

Lots of people, including me, replace the water pump along with the belt as their life expectancy is about the same.

Gavin Wood did mine and didn't feel it neccessary to replace any of the other stuff you'r talking about.