SAU Community

Buying A Car From Act

supraaah

Hey guys, im from Perth but buying a car from ACT, just wondering if you guys could recommend any decent workshops around there so i can get the car checked out pre-purchase. Possibly in the WOden area?

cheers

Oh and if anyones ever bought a car from interstate themselves, any help or tips u can give me would be appraciated. How do you go about the paperwork? obviously i cant go there to sign etc etc, transfers? shipping etc.

Edited by supraaah

I had a CD with 200 pics sent over. I also had it checked by 2 recomended garages in QLD and a current RTA cert. I used a known transport company and the guy payed for insurance. Payment was made in chunks and the last payment on delivery of car and signed papers. It was also beneficial talking to people who knew the owner and the car.

I used a level of trust that shifted after each payment till eventually he had to trust I would send the remaining money and then I received the papers. Payment were made through banks EFT to keep a record

Hope this helps a little.

Edited by Sinista32

Hey guys, im from Perth but buying a car from ACT

I live in Canberra and bought my car from Brisbane. Are you sure you want to buy from Canberra? The market isn't very competitive here for high performance cars, demand outstrips supply (in my opinion). For Skylines in particular the best deals I've seen have been in Sydney and Brisbane.

I'm not sure who you could get to check it out. The guys at "Trojan Motorsport" know their skylines, and a range of other cars. Maybe if you throw them a few dollars they may look at it for you. I don't know of them doing that though. Their number is (02)62426277.