SAU Community

Stalling After Boost

juddieR31

How does no BOV affect the smooth running of a car?

I know my 33 didn't come with one, the last owner must have removed it. Mine runs fine, except this last week with the really hot weather it has been not running well.

do a search

its covered a million times why no bov causes stalling

Someones a bit short... a million times hey?....

My manual 33 is doing the same thing this week, pull up at the lights, clutch in, and the revs drop right down, they come back up a bit but idle is a lot lower than it normally is.

Edited by travb81

try new plugs in. when i first got my 33 it was stock (except for the front pipe). when i backed off after a quick squirt it would bog down, and if i did it then put the clutch in and idled to a stop it would stall. i put new plugs in and it solved the problem.

If you have installed an aftermarket bov on your r33 some afm wont like it and you will find if you accelerate an suddenly brake the car will stall 9 times outta 10 and you will find when you slow down you will have to press the clutch a few times so it doesnt stop.

There are a few reasons.

Firstly..nissans rely on a plub back BOV. The stock ECU is mapped to it...it expects that extra poofteenth of air on idle return. It's a tempremental issue dependant on things like the state of your AFM, TPS and AAC valve. Some guys can get away with it..some guys wont. Some guys will tell you that it runs ok but it really doesnt and they just love the futters.

If you insist on running VL style with no BOV then clean your AAC and AFM . If it still happens then you can "tune" it out with a SAFC or PFC.

Please use the search button now for any more questions re: the above

Someones a bit short... a million times hey?....

My manual 33 is doing the same thing this week, pull up at the lights, clutch in, and the revs drop right down, they come back up a bit but idle is a lot lower than it normally is.

Not really, it has been covered many times in the past

Im not going to type up another post about why as i've done so many times already.