SAU Community

Dyno First Run

Light

Just pump boost into it until you either get valve float, no gain, or run out of fuel.

I think the limiting factor in your setup is the walbro intank pump. You may find that your injectors are maxing out earlier than expected if it isn't up to the task.

Stock valve springs and lifters will likely stop the fun at about 20psi anyway.

i know of a few cars making around 300rwkw GENUINE rwkw not this shootout mode stuff...and they are running walbro intank pumps so this pump should be fine for ur application

"Genuine" you reckon?

My walbro (6 months old) ran out @ 250rwkw/15psi with my GT30

Installed a Bosch and instantly the AFR's dipped into the 10's from close to the 14's...

And that wasnt making any other changes.

And im not the only one to have issues.

So theres a personal expirience for ya :P

"Genuine" you reckon?

My walbro (6 months old) ran out @ 250rwkw/15psi with my GT30

Installed a Bosch and instantly the AFR's dipped into the 10's from close to the 14's...

And that wasnt making any other changes.

And im not the only one to have issues.

So theres a personal expirience for ya :O

maybe u had a dodgy pump or a crap tuner? my mate has 292rwkw @ 18psi on his rb25 with a walbro intank pump has runs fine and even runs a bit on the rich side just to be safe and thats on a dyno software thats so old it would prob read well over 330rwkw in shootout mode.

hey mates how are you doing?

I took my r32 to the dyno last thursday, anyway it was not a (tuning) as the man of this dyno-the only dyno in my region- does not tune power fc's, it was more of power measurment day.. any way I will post the dyno graphs and you will see that i have issues on AFR plus very thick blue smoke..i took it to my tuner after the dyno and he modified on the AFR thru the commander (all he can do) using wide band (innovation), the innovation shoed better AFR on the street but the thick blue smoke is still toooooo much.

see the graphs and give me your comments please, note that the 347hp graph is on 16.6 psi of boost, and the other one is on 13 psi

Ayman1.jpg

Ayman2.jpg

The bump in power doesn't look too good. Boost spike at that point?

Blue smoke not black? Not good, thats due to oil, not fuel.

You're still a bit lean at the top end but could remove a bit between 4500 and 6500.

Where are you located? It would be worthwhile finding someone with a dyno who can tune a pfc, even if you have to travel, but I'd get a second opinion on the smoke first.

hey BHDave,

thanks mate, I am in Saudi Arabia and tuning is not very popular and thats why i cants find a good tuner easily, even a bad tuner is hard to find :(

we have one good tuner but he only has the software for RB26, I will go to the garage next wednesday and let them check this blue smke, i dont know but it could be piston rings or turbo seals right?

fuel pressure on the dyno (read from my fuel pressire guage) was at 40 on idle and at 60 on high boost, it fell down just a littel to 55 maybe on high boost..

You can still get a fairly good tune out of the hand set. If the guy knows rb's then (other than bitching about having to tool around with the hand set) he shouldn't have a problem.

My first tune was done on the hand set as my tuners software didn't like my power fc. It was fine.