SAU Community

Will This Be Eligble To Come In Under Sevs?

D-limo

Would something with modifications pictured below be eligible to come through SEV's?

The simple answer is NO because it's not totally standard - the current laws are that all cars must be completely stock for SEVS compliance, however in reality you should be able to import anything as long as it can be returned to standard without any signs that it was ever modified (eg. no holes cut for intercooler piping, etc.)

If you do import a modified car then you would either have to swap it back to standard yourself or make some arrangements with the compliance workshop for them to do it for you, most workshops will charge extra for the work involved unless it's only very simple and common mods like exhaust and allow wheels.

Obviously some care would be needed when buying cars with this level of modifications to make sure it's only mods that can be removed without leaving any damage on the car, so just make sure the car is checked very well and also make sure you get approval from the compliance workshop before buying, this will reduce the chances that it could be rejected once it arrives.

Thank you Craig,

This is Jarryd who rang about the GX71 last week, looks like it won't be happening as my mate was wanting to road register the vehicle but long nose conversion breaches at least 4 ADR's :ninja: Very grateful for your efforts and may still get back to you soon regarding another car on Don's Gallery

Does anyone know who has a compliance pack for the JZX81?

Yes they are... as a 'purple plate' import under SEVS

There is apparently a company with a compliance pack called ISHE(don't know what these letter stand for) west of Brisbane.... Yet to find anymore info on them

There is apparently a company with a compliance pack called ISHE(don't know what these letter stand for) west of Brisbane.... Yet to find anymore info on them

Nothing on the register, nor the RAWS search atm about RAWS eligibility or approval for an 81.

There's only one colour plate for SEVS, and JZX81 isn't one of them :(

Are you thinking of IMSHE on the Gold Coast??

I'm only going on the info I was given.. Is the place you speak of known for compliance work?

They are actually called IAMSHE and they are a SEVS compliance workshop, I am not sure if they do a lot of 1988 & older cars these days or not:

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/rawswebpublic/RA...cipant_id=10171

yeah just spoke to them and they don't do jzx81's..

Turning into a wild goose chase

Sorry, I should have mentioned that no workshops are able to do JZX81's at this stage, and I doubt any ever will due to a lack of interest compared to other models.