SAU Community

What does a N/A r33 make stock?!?!

My r32 doesnt go to bad, its not level but the turbo doesnt get a full length on me, but the turbo i raced has a few probs to iron out, my cars got a 2.5ltr so yeah its a evenish comparision for the r33, mine a bit lighter though, got nfi what the power is though.

AFAIK, when Nissan released the R34 range they decided it was time to give the old RB series a bit of revamp - hence the introduction of the Neo Strait 6 engine. In addition to various other improvements the Neo engines got VVT, however the GTR's RB26DETT did not. (this may be the reason that Nissan can get away with quoting the official power output of the R34's RB25DET as 280PS & the the R34 GTR's RB26DETT at 280PS also!:mad:

I have seen 1, R33 series Skyline (late model) that had a Neo strait 6 engine in it - whether Nissan officially produced the R33 with the newer Neo's in it I can say - it could have been a conversion or something as simple as bolting on the "Neo" plastic engine cover...

Cheers

Dave

slay.... well i dont think that would be case

it all comes down to the launch of the turbo, they are pretty tricky to get spot on.

if u get a nice launch, dont expect him to blow u away too easily, cos the turbo will have to earn their keep !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HPI has road tested an NA GTS25 against an NA Supra, their figures show 0-100 in 7.3 and 1/4 mile in 15.5 which is accurate in my case cos ive done my 0-100 in just under that time and the quarter sounds right. the car made 105 kw at the wheels, this is stocko with a muffler i think, pretty good i guess, id like 150 at the wheels on mine

• 3 weeks later...