2007 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How good was quali btw... i know this race is normally a snore, but the top 4 are damn close it has to be a good one. Im gonna be sweating my ring off on the run to the first corner... If Alonso makes it there first i rekon he'll get the win.

And Webber go shafted again. Would have made the top ten easily.

How good was quali btw... i know this race is normally a snore, but the top 4 are damn close it has to be a good one. Im gonna be sweating my ring off on the run to the first corner... If Alonso makes it there first i rekon he'll get the win.

And Webber go shafted again. Would have made the top ten easily.

lmao 'sweating ring off' haha....

Yes, very dissapointed with Webber.. wonder if his fuel flap or something stupid will ruin any chance for a points finish he may have, although starting that far back has already ruined it.

Should be a great race.

Fark!

Feel sorry for Webber. Seems like he's cursed with bad reliability wherever he goes.

Knowing his luck, DC will end up scoring points and lead Webber in the championship despite being outdriven for most of the season so far.

MMMAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how much of a sour-puss Alonso was on the podium and in the interviews.... Spoilt brat! Also, Hamilton "We'll catch him soon...", Arrogant spoon-fed rich-kid...

Arrogant spoon-fed rich-kid...

:) errr... no

Seems like Kimi got shafted again, bad luck is just going to follow that guy around gor the rest of his career. Pretty uneventful race in the end, Ferrari still has the advantage. LOL the best part of the commentary was when James Allen said "the whole field seems to be going quite slow (which they were)... except Ferrari. I wonder why that is Mark?"

Yeah, i wonder why.

DC's car failing towards the end was the only real excitment, other than Wurx collecting Ralf on the first lap. But the pivotal point was Massa and Alonso's touch at the start. That was good... give it a red hot go, thats what we like to see

what the hell is going on with practice?

Alnoso on top by a mile... and god damn Massa is a loser

lol, top post. hmm I think as usual practice doesn't mean shit. alonso was as slow as a wet week and massa got so bored he started remoulding his cockpit on the straight. :)

how many retirements were there? must have been close to 10. Webber as usual had a problem. He would have been in the money for sure with so many drop outs. and he actually passed 2 cars on the track (plus 2 more that retired) before retiring himself.

dissapointing to see kimi out.

and it was good to see some real balls out racing for a change. and nice to see no-one yeild into turn 1.

Well what an amazing race, certainly turned a few things on their heads! First off, that BMW pitstop was the most amateur effort I have ever seen. If I can see the wheel didn't go on from the comfort of my living room, the pit controller should be able to see it as well.

Finally Renault and Honda found a little bit of pace, Heikki would have been up there without refuelling problems! Massa is simply on fire, he is obviously learning a lot from Schuey. Going to be interesting to see how Alonso takes this pressure of falling off the pace!

C'mon Kimi!!!!

yeah, they never showed the whole replay of that wheel nut effort, but I seem to remember the wheel nut man put wheel nut on, raised his hand. look at it. realised nut wasn't on, put hand down and started doing it up, but at this point the car had already been released. i don't think it was the controllers fault, i reckon wheel nut man was at fault. BUT by far the worst part was that he stopped, the toyota mech picks up the nut and is waving it at them, and they all just stood there doing nothing and let him continue on his way.

i stand by my comment

Watch massa's complete inability to drive in the rain and my point will be justified. No traction control is really going to bite him in the ass. If you watch his telemetry from the onboards his throttle application is horrendous. It's either all brake or full throttle, no feathering at all at any point. Keep that up and 08 isnt going to be happy year for his rear bridgies

His car and most importantly his tyres are flattering his complete lack of ability

I agree with you, I don't rate Massa that much as a driver. Although he sure is quick. The test will be next year when everything changes, will he adapt like Alonso did this year?? Or become an also-ran. You have to say that although his current style is sloppy it works in the current cars.

I can't wait for next year, look out for the true performers. Raikonnen, Alonso, Button.....Hamilton slides the rear a bit, it might hurt him.

Rubens was in a similar boat to Massa... he got to used to the ferrari electonics doing all the work for him out of every corner and after he moved to Honda his lack of ability really shone through and Button embarrased him. Next year when Ferrari's Bridgestone superiority is nullified and traction control is gone, the cream will rise, and massa WILL fall.

The fact that he looks like the biggest criminal in the paddock doesnt help either. He looks like he stealing things from the post race conference from beneath the table. Alnoso and Lewis might want to check the wrists to see if he yanked their new tag heuer's

On the subject of the 20 race calender. I had an idea the other day after reading that Marcos Ambrose now has 16 consecutive race weekends in NASCAR.

My thought was why not apply this to F1?? Make it a 24 race calender or something but almost all races back to back.

Australia-Malaysia-Singapore

break

Bahrain-the sphincter of the universe

break

Montreal-Indy

break

Japan-Shanghai

break

then basically back to back all the European rounds.

Season wont be any longer as it cuts out the stupid 3/4 week breaks, we get to include all the good tracks Spa, Hockenheim, Imola while still expanding to Singapore, India, Abu Dhabi etc. Testing will be lessened therefore saving money as the teams just won't have time. Still be able to have test sessions every friday at the GP circuits though.

What do you reckon?? A better system or am I taking too many drugs again?

On the subject of the 20 race calender. I had an idea the other day after reading that Marcos Ambrose now has 16 consecutive race weekends in NASCAR.

My thought was why not apply this to F1?? Make it a 24 race calender or something but almost all races back to back.

Australia-Malaysia-Singapore

break

Bahrain-the sphincter of the universe

break

Montreal-Indy

break

Japan-Shanghai

break

then basically back to back all the European rounds.

Season wont be any longer as it cuts out the stupid 3/4 week breaks, we get to include all the good tracks Spa, Hockenheim, Imola while still expanding to Singapore, India, Abu Dhabi etc. Testing will be lessened therefore saving money as the teams just won't have time. Still be able to have test sessions every friday at the GP circuits though.

What do you reckon?? A better system or am I taking too many drugs again?

*Raises Hand*

Yup, I concur... I'd like to see two middle eastern GP's tho.. What happened to Dubai?

Also, two Japanese Grand Prix? Suzuka and Mt Fuji! F**K YEAH!

Was it just me or did anyone else notice how loose the back end of Hamilton's car was?

Also, wtf were McLaren thinking when they bolted hard tyres onto Alonso's thing for the middle stint. I want whatever they are smoking.

If you remember back in Bahrain in the last stint, both lewis and Alonso were extremely quick on the hard compounds as compared to Massa on the softs... at the end of the race there was a discussion about why Mclaren didnt bolt them on earlier if they worked so well. Apparently they didnt want to risk the car balance or something and so they just stuck to their pre race game plan.

Here in spain they were in almost the same position. Massa leading, lewis in pursuit and Alonso training with body work damage. So instead of following exactly what they did in Bahrain, Alonso and the team chose to do something different because lets face it... what did they have to lose? they were comfortably 3rd with kimi out and had no chance of catching Massa. By bolting on the harder compound in the mid stint, they were trying to establish two things. Would it help Alonso's poor pace and if it does work, they'd stop hamilton slightly early and do the same.

They based all that thinking on the fact that in free practice on friday, both Mclarens were very very fast on the hard tyres, most other teams were completely at sea, despite the fact that they had all tested there withing the last week. Unfortunately for Alonso they track conditions had changed since friday and the harder tyre brought him no significant advantage.