2007 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This year will be the most open season for years without Schumacher. I really hope the Red Bull has got some speed now that it is being designed by Newey.

Now we shall also see how fast Ferrari really are compared to the others, as I think without Schumacher and Ross Brawn, the team will not really perform consistantly throughout the whole year.

Alonso in the Macca.....will be a few races b4 him and the team gel (mid season) and get some solid results.

Kimi in the Ferrari shall be the one to watch......no doubt he will write a few cars off trying to acclaim No1 status.

Bring on Melbourne!!

My thoughts for the 007 season,

Massa to beat Kimi hands down, he has the desire and correct mindset to get the Ferrari team behind him.

Webber to wipe the floor (scoring a few podiums and a possible win at Monaco) with DC and shut up all of those whining poms who think that he doesn't deserve to be in F1.

Williams to plummet further down the chain, and for Nico to not see out the season

Fisichella to be dropped before the halfway point of the season, to be replaced by Nelson Piquet Jnr.

Sebastian Bourdais to be placed in the STR car, and massively fail.

Lews Hamilton to keep Alonso honest in the second Mercedes (buyout to be announced mid Feb), but reliability will still be an issue for them.

Jenson Button to still think that he's the best thing since sliced bread, and James Allen to blow sunshine up his arse. Meanwhile Rubens while get the car to suit him and outscore JB.

BMW may spring a suprise this year, I can see Kubica getting a podium or two, and he'll end Heidfeild's career.

Takuma Sato will demolish Anthony Davidson, and score regular points finishes.

James Allen to still be a massive tool on the broadcast.

i'm not really excited about any of it yet for some reason. i dunno why but i think webber not making the leap to a top team dissapointed me, as did MS retirement. so feeling a bit flat on the whole deal at the moment. I may even miss the melb GP for the first time in years.

Kubica will do well though. nice to see a pole going at it.

... and for Nico to not see out the season

I tend to think thats a possibility. Especially if he continues to struggle to get a result here and there. Question is who are they going to replace him with? Drivers wotn be fighting over the seat. Poor Williams

Fisichella to be dropped before the halfway point of the season, to be replaced by Nelson Piquet Jnr.

I also think this could be on the cards, especially if the young punk is doing well and looking as though they dont really need someone to settle the ship. (Ie he isnt doing a Rosberg)

Sebastian Bourdais to be placed in the STR car, and massively fail.

Not sure about this one though. I tend to think that he could do a good job. He has done a bit of testing with Renault with mixed results. I think of the guys on the go he is a good choice as he is at least well blooded in racing. Whether he has the speed in an F1 car??? I think he has. What STR can give him in the way of a car? 2008 RBR drive alongside Webber if he get the job dine in 2007 in the STR, all a t a good price because they took the gamble on him???

Im keen jsut to see how the whole circus pans out with all the new driver/team combos. I hope Wurz destroys Rosberg and Williams pick up the pieces. If that cant happen i really hope Rosberg lives up to his promise as Williams cant handle too mnay more bad seasons. :D

No comment about Heikki Kovalainen in the Renault? IMO he'd be one to watch!

I though that I inferred it with Fisci getting dropped (i.e. his team mate has destroyed him) I think HK will go pretty well.

I sort of agree with Mr Baron, this year will be a little different without Schumi and I'm also massively dissapointed that Webber didn't get a top line drive (or so it seems for the moment), although it's hard not to be intrigued by what may happen this year given all the changes that have taken place since the end of last season.

I have a few less obvious predictions for the season... :)

* Super Aguri will score a point this year and not finish last in the constructor's championship

* BMW or Toyota (but not both) will win a race this season

* Honda will not win a race all year

* Webber will out pace Coulthard all season, but DC will get the best single race result for RBR during the year (win or podium)

* A Toro Rosso driver will be sacked during the season

* The 07 constructor's title will not be won by the team of the 07 world champion driver

* Lewis Hamilton will be the first rookie to score points in 07

And finally, I predict that Nico Rosberg will not win the F1 World Championship :)

In all seriousness, I think Fisi will surprise this year and win the F1 World Championship... :D

Bring on Melbourne!

I honestly think that Kimi has the best title shot out of anyone this year. I can't deny Massa's talent, but I think that this is the best opportunity for the fin the be world champ. Albeit it will be difficult for him jumping into a prancing horse with so little time to prepare.

I would love to say Alonso will take the crown once more, but I can't look passed the reliability issues over the passed couple of years. Clearly the pace is there but there's still some ironing out to do. It's time for Mclaren to rise the top once more... but not this year! As for Lewis Hamilton, I'm hoping its not going to take him long to find his legs, it shouldn't.

Renault I'm sad to say are... well, doomed! Fisi doesn't have it in him to be champ, nor does the car. Alonso drove the pants off that thing the second half of last season to only see 1 win after round 9 whilst having 6 wins prior to. Not saying they don't have a great package, they do. When they have the right driver for it! And sorry to say.... he's a Mclaren lad now. As for Heikki Kovalainen, great talent, but would really love to see Nelson Piquet Jnr. get a ride!

As for the rest of the field? Hopefully we see some good scraps, Hopefully Button pulls his head out of his ass and shows the world what he is truly capable of. I would like to see RBR do well, for DC's stakes and Webber's too. I think they have a great opportunity to nab at the heals of some of the big boys.

Williams? Well they're f**ked! Nuff said! Rosberg deserves better, and Wurz? Dig him out from the wood work won't you Sir Frank?!?

I think Toyota have the biggest chance out of any from the mid pack to score well this season, If only they we're able to get rid of Ralf somehow!

Everyone else? Well just stay the f**k out of the way! :)

edit p.s As for Schuey? Thank god he's gone! f**k you very much Schuey! c**t! :)

Edited by Savage Bliss

What will be interesting is the inter team battles.

My predictions (which are usually wrong) is that mid season:

- Wurz will be doing a number on Rosberg.

- Massa to be quikcer then Kimi

- Alonso to be the quicker but Hamilton uncomfrtably close in pace but lacking race craft

- No surprise that most ppl think Webber will outpace DC

- Hate to say it but i think Rubens no lo9nger has the measure of Button, though i hope im wrong.

- Fisi to get good intermittent results but Heikki going quikcer more consistantly.

...others?

F1 New Year Resolutions

Ron Dennis

Find out how to get to the podium at each grand prix. It's been so long since any McLaren personnel have been required on the podium to receive the winner's trophy that they'll need instructions on how to get there. Then again it might not be necessary in 2007.

Robert Kubica

Ask the engineers at BMW to design the 2007 model around him and not Nick Heidfed, that way ickle will have no way of reaching the pedals.

Kimi Raikkonen

Start learning how to love pasta and chianti and quit the rollmop herrings with a bottle of vodka chaser.

Felipe Massa

Slip Kimi Raikkonen's engineers a crate of vintage champagne (before) that all-important first race.

Christian Horner

Never ever promise to do anything involving nudity. Unless the bet is about David Coulthard winning the World Championship, because we believe that's a safe one.

Max Mosley

Also promise never ever to do anything involving nudity.

Bernie Ecclestone

Try an exciting new haircut. Only the Monza banking and the Silverstone grandstands are older than Bernie's haircut.

Nico Rosberg

Promise not to use your team-mate as a braking aid on the first lap.

Jenson Button

Go out, trim the beard. And never ever ever return with it. That's ever.

Lewis Hamilton

Don't answer any questions which include the phrase "...first black driver".

Rubens Barrichello

Start asking about DTM contracts in 2008 before Coulthard gets in first.

Charlie Whiting (FIA Race Starter)

Try doing it with your eyes open and see if it's any better.

Williams

Smile, it can't get any worse.

Fernando Alonso

Start taking choreography lessons - because the dance on top of the Renault we saw last season was way up there with David Brent's from 'The Office'. (Rhymes with Pit)

Ant Davidson

Don't get into a fist fight with anyone except Takuma Sato

Juan Montoya

If you're lucky you'll have 10 years at the top in NASCAR. If you're unlucky, you might have 20.

Jean Todt

Relax, you are STILL the most important person in Michael's life after his family, he STILL has the framed photo of you in his office, yes he WILL be on-line during grands prix, yes he WILL come and visit Maranello, and GO to the restaurant with you, and he promises NOT to flirt with any other motor manufacturer, promise, cross his heart etc etc.

Hermann Tilke (FI's official circuit designer)

If you're designing a new circuit for India, let's have a 360 degrees loop like in Hot Wheels.

Flavio Briatore

Learn to speak English and be understood - maybe using Mark Blundell's Talk English Proper available from Amazon.com.

i just wanted to onto the first page.......

Mosley's resolution should be to pull his head out of his arse and stop making stupid changes to F1.

Pretty much every change he has made for "safety" reasons has had to be undone because it just made the racing worse. Oh lets change to single lap qualifying....and change back a couple of years later. Oh lets change to V8 engines to save money...just as the manufacturers are planning to introduce V10's to their road cars, plus the additional cost of developing an entirely new engine. Oh lets make tyres have to last an entire grand prix...and watch as the Michelins exploded at Indianapolis.

And finally, 10 years after he made the change to grooved tyres they are going back to slicks soon, and they have been slowly trying to remove all the downforce which should have been removed at the start instead of changing to grooved tyres.

Mosley is the worst thing to ever happen to the sport.

Mosley is the worst thing to ever happen to the sport.

Well, maybe the worst thing since Belestre.

You have to remember that doing things for "safety" reasons is about the only way the FIA can get anything done. Getting the teams to agree on anything is next to impossible.