SAU Community

Mitsubish Gto Vs Gtr

they said it was me screaming.......

I DRAGGED A GTO IN MY OLD CAR (SUPRA TT , COOLER EXHAUST, CLUTCH 20PSI BOOST) HE LAUNCHED HARD OFF THE LIGHTS BUT AFTER SECOND GEAR HE WAS NOTHING TO ME AND THEATS IN A RWD CAR I RECKON THAT THEY ARE PRETTY SLOW AND HE WAS NO YOUNJGIN LIKE ME HEA WAS LIKE MAYBOE 30 SO I WOULD IMAGING HE WOULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE EXPERIANCE THAN A 20 YO KID

I DRAGGED A GTO IN MY OLD CAR (SUPRA TT , COOLER EXHAUST, CLUTCH 20PSI BOOST) HE LAUNCHED HARD OFF THE LIGHTS BUT AFTER SECOND GEAR HE WAS NOTHING TO ME AND THEATS IN A RWD CAR I RECKON THAT THEY ARE PRETTY SLOW AND HE WAS NO YOUNJGIN LIKE ME HEA WAS LIKE MAYBOE 30 SO I WOULD IMAGING HE WOULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE EXPERIANCE THAN A 20 YO KID

:sorcerer: yayyyy school holidays :sorcerer:

lol..... where the hell does supra come into GTR vs GTO

nowhere... well done on your reading skills.

lol maybe he didnt have a cooler , exhaust and 20psi of boost... which gave u the edge cant really compare cars when u drag race with mods... gotta compare stock for stock

not that im gonna buy a gto or anything.... still a skyline man... where does a 20yr old who cant spell get a tt supra....hmmz *drugs*

anyway drags pfft i get lebbos in 3series bmws with m3 mirrors a body kit and a fake m3 badge trying to race me on parra road in rainy weather.....when they realise im too busy with a ciggarette in my hand to bother they stick their hands out at me... bloody lebbos... are u one of them supra dude?

Maybe it was GT4 :nyaanyaa: i can beat everything in that when the boost gauge is off the end of the scale.

oh and i though stocko Supra's turbos failed at like 14-15psi unless they've got steel exhaust wheels

• 2 weeks later...

i own a stock as a rock gto and a rb26 stagea (500awhp+) and the gto is a killer car on the street, it pulls soo damn hard from 2000rpm its awesome out of corners, etc. top end lacks like the rb26 though as the turbos are tiny. i'd go a gto for daily duties as they have a great interior for the era they come out compared to same year gtr's which look soo 80s.

the yanks are running low 11s for very little $$$ too, billet transfer case ($1200us) is the one part needed if u want to drag and make decent power, besides that they are very strong engines, and the yanks have produced 900awhp from stock internal motors and one has even run a 9 on stock internals. the motor has same strength as the 2jz from what ive read on the 3si.com forums. driveline is the major let down for big power. i dont like the understeer of the gto either. gto's killll gtr's for looks and i think an early model gto has as much sex appeal as a 34 gtr, they draw sooo many looks on the street as they look so fat, low roof line and sleek style. handling is very boat like though. gtr's are wayy too common now as well, i have seen only 3 gto's since i have had mine.

gto = daily driver

gtr = weekend thrasher

gto with rims, suspension and exhuast = perfect daily car, able to keep up with 99% of hsv and fpv fords and look 100 times nicer as well :)

thats my 2 cents worth

Edited by CruiseLiner