SAU Community

Mild GTS-X Is this worth it?

Guest Dragon

Guest Dragon

Looking at a entry level drift car and wish to keep the Skyline tradition.

Is this worth it? $13,600 landed in Aus.

Specs:

1988 Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-X Turbo 2.4L stroked engine

5 speed

kms to be advised

Black

Testarossa 2.4L stroker kit

T04R turbo with external wastegate

Aftermarket manifold

Aftermarket exhaust

HKS airpod

Aftermarket front mount intercooler

Oil cooler

5 x aftermarket gauges

Boost controller

15" Watanabe alloys with 205 / 60 R15 tyres

Adjustable suspension

4-point roll cage

Aluminium radiator

Monster tacho and shift light

Strut tower bar

Aftermarket gearshift knob

Etc.

All power options and airconditioning

Pics:

2783.jpg

Guest Boxhead

yes well i saw this on geoffs list also, thought it is a good deal for a modified car, and no doubt it will have a bit of power on it, i think its not a bad deal to be honest... if the older style of r31s take your fancy

Guest Dragon

Yup, came through on the list. (Must admit, some interesting 15 year cars have come through. Nice Unimog. Lol)

Anyways, I was after a cheap R32 (Since have a R34 for a daily driver) for some drift work.

R31's are not my mug of coffee, yet it is something different from the norm in the Drift scene (180's, Silvia's)

Have my eyes on a GTS-4 coupe that the dealer wants $18,000 for. A bit steep. Might be the go for a sprint/track/drift car. (After making a switch for the AWD)

If I put my hand up for this GTS-X, the first thing to go would be the monster tach, then the Pine Tree air freshener.....(Give the cup holder to R31 Skyline Chick) Close the glove box, Take the stickers off it, might not regster it so to keep the cage in it. Dunno.

Anyways, has most of the goods allready on it, and it is a Skyline!

It's cheap for the mods on it.......Just wondering how laggy the T04R is with a 2.4 stroker kit.?

• 2 weeks later...

for 13,500 its very good landed, alot of stockish gts-x go for around the 11,000 mark. so with the cooler 2.4stroker and turbo its worth the extra 2,500 cause its gonna cost u more than that to do those mods.

where do u get all these emails from with these cars going up for auction????

Guest Dragon

Roy, no, did not go for this one (Nice tho!)

The wife said we allready had a 'play' car (4 door R34 a play car?)

She wanted a 4x4.

So, a compromise was sought. She gets a 4x4, I get a FMIC and maybe a sports suspension setup. (If we have enough dosh left over)

Besides, new contract at work involves more time away, so, I guess less track time now! :D (She will be driving the 4x4 to work, allowing me to do some mods to the R34)

lowlux, point your browser to http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au and click on mailing list, this is the one I am subscribed to.