SAU Community

Supra Vs. R32 Gtr

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supra is probably more comfortable and will pull more car sl**s.

ever tried sitting in the back of a supra? most uncomfortable thing ever, im not saying the gtr is a limo but alot more comfortable than a supra...

AWD>RWD

Stock on Stock the GTR is quicker at the drags or on the track (AWD advantage)

You will get more power out of a 2JZ easier, than in an RB26.

GTRs are PHAT so are therefore better :D

Seriously mate, both cars are great, I wouldn't mind a Supra actually.....

there was a creesida at the summer nats that had a 2jz in it,f**k massive turbs reeled of 600hp on the dyno... it was the biggest bucket to look at..he said it cost 15k all up or something

ill get a photo soon...

whats the quickest RB powered car anyone knows of? Reece's GTR? quickest supra i know of is about 7.9, but have seen 2JZ's in the sixes....

Vinny tenn's supra runs 7.3 (auto), actually there seems to be more quick supras than gtr around. I was just having a look on youtube and theres shitloads of street driven supras in the 8's.

Vinny tenn's supra runs 7.3 (auto), actually there seems to be more quick supras than gtr around.

Its ironic, that. It seems that RWD drag cars still end up ultimately being quicker.

I'm not sure how true it is, but after the discussion about the HKS "drag" R33 GT-R finally broke into the 7's a while ago, one of my V8 loving mates remarked that there have been worked Falcodores doing it for a while.

Supras are really big over there. They hardly ever see skylines on the road tho.

They never made LHD Skylines and the RB isn't remotely emissions compliant, which pretty much killed their popularity over there. But it makes them super rare, and super expensive.

It didn't help that the only "official" GT-R importer got busted for falsifying documents regarding their cars' compliance, either.

I'm on a 350Z forum, and one of the guys was thinking of trading in his 350Z for a stock R33 GTS-t. If there was a cash adjustment, it was almost miniscule or in the Skyline owner's favour. Can you see that happening in Australia? Most of the Aussie guys who saw that thread told him he was insane, but then we look at it from a different perspective. For them, they're so rare I guess its worth it. Its like us paying AUD$100,000 for a RHD converted Mustang - over there they top out at USD$42K - which isn't even AUD$60K.

They never made LHD Skylines and the RB isn't remotely emissions compliant, which pretty much killed their popularity over there. But it makes them super rare, and super expensive.

if they dont meet emisions, then how do they get em registered over there?

as for vinny ten, i thought he'd run that quick, but i went to check the top 100 supras list, and the quickest was 7.90, now that i think about it, im pretty sure that list is for street cars/drag radials. i was also going to mention how alot of supras seem to be quicker than skylines, and the sheer number of supras running those times vs skylines, but thought this was not the best venue for it, so im not gonna do that >_<

2JZ FTMFW!

Edited by VB-

if they dont meet emisions, then how do they get em registered over there?

as for vinny ten, i thought he'd run that quick, but i went to check the top 100 supras list, and the quickest was 7.90, now that i think about it, im pretty sure that list is for street cars/drag radials. i was also going to mention how alot of supras seem to be quicker than skylines, and the sheer number of supras running those times vs skylines, but thought this was not the best venue for it, so im not gonna do that :)

2JZ FTMFW!

$$$ gts them regod. each are individually looked into...

LOL at person who made thread. should knw the answer u are a member of SAU

What are the simalaraties of a 600, 700 and 800hp supra?

they all run 13's.

Also other similarities between supras running 600, 700 or 800hp is that they can do it on stock internals, another similarity is put a good set of semi slicks on them and they won't be running 13's, it will match any fully built car.

If your the sort of person who likes to start or participate seriously in these sorts of threads I say put a good set of semi slicks on your head prefferably covering your mouth and you should run under a 5 pushed off a 1/4 mile cliff in either car of your choice.

OR

go here and learn true power and be a real quartermile killer!

www.realultimatepower.net

Me and my mate(he owns a 94 supra) have been arguing over which is quicker, the Supra or the R32 GTR.

I told him the best R32 GTR would kill the best Supra any day becuase it is lighter and the fact that the Skyline is the most tunable car ever. So he shows me some you tube video of some 8 second Supra.

What do you guys think..which is quicker quarter mile? If you have some proof it would be good as he never takes my word for it.

8 Second supra video -

7.92 R32 GTR clip -

Not an R32 GTR but here's how they fare stock for stock a bone standard R33 GTR V Spec VS a bone stock Toyota Supra RZ, im sure R32's are faster again being lighter than 33's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCTmPp78l4

Here are another 2 of same car's but they are with abit of work done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAGoQLdRY8...ted&search=

Supra certainly has the advantage in the top end but how often do you think you will be doing them sorts of speeds on the street trying to just beat somebody in a GTR who would maul you for nearly a kilometer.

ever tried sitting in the back of a supra? most uncomfortable thing ever, im not saying the gtr is a limo but alot more comfortable than a supra...

AWD>RWD

Ever tried driving from the back seat??? I haven't... so who cares about the back seat. shag in the front!