SAU Community

R34 Coil Pack Problem (or Not Error Codes 26 And 43)

Hey people

So i think i have a coil pack problem, i did a quick search through the posts on here and it seems as if this is the go but i thought i would just make sure and ask others if they had the same things happen.

This has only happened to me twice, both in the last month. The first time i had just got out of the drive way and all of a sudden the TCS and SLIP dash lights came on as did the check engine light. The check engine light went off, but TCS and SLIP stayed on. The car still drove fine, so i got where i needed to go and then shut the car off. When i came back to the car i turned it on and it started no problems, but the A/T (Auto/triptronic) light started flashing, it flashed a number of times and then went off. After that i drove the car around no worries then yesterday i got in the car turned it on, reversed down the drive way and as i reached the bottom the TCS and SLIP lights came on again and stayed on, and the check engine light came on and then went off. I drove the car back up the driveway and turned it off. I then turned it straight back on and the A/T light flashed a number of times (16 i think i counted). I turned it off, then back on and it started fine, no warning lights at all.

As i said i think it is a coil pack problem from what i have read, the car is going in for a service Wednesday (in 2 days) so i want to get the problem fixed then. So i'm just making sure this is the problem and that others had the same type things happen to them. Also how did others work out which coil was bad?

*****EDIT*******

I ran a Self-Diagnostic and got Error Codes

26 -----Turbo Pressure Senor Signal Circuit: Turbo pressure sensor output voltage is aprox 4.8V or greater open circuit or less than 0.06V closed circuit for a predetermined time.

43----- Throttle Position Sensor Signal Circuit: Throttle position sensor output voltage is aprox 4.7V or greater open circuit or less than 0.06 short circuit for a predetermined time while park/neutral position switch is OFF and vehicle speed is 4 km/h or higher.

So aparantly these are my problems, but i have also heard of people having coil pack problems and the 21 code not showing up and them getting other fault codes instead. Yet when the coils were changed the other issues went away. Has anyone had these fault/error codes on there 34 before?

Cheers

Sean

Edited by mxtcy

doesnt sound like coil packs. Do you have any hesitation around 4-5000RPM? This would be cracked coil packs.

Sounds like an issue with your traction control. Could be a faulty wheel speed sensor. The flashing dash light sounds like it was indicating the fault code. Get the service place to do a fault code diagnostic, or search the forums here for how to do it yourself.

cheers,

sean.

Hey mate

I had exactly the same problem the tcc & slip & check engine lights call came on, the car would sound really deep sorta like a rexy and if you turned it off and on it would sometimes fix it.

however I got the coil packs checked out and yeah they were stuffed

heres a thread all about it

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...=103835&hl=

26 -----Turbo Pressure Senor Signal Circuit: Turbo pressure sensor output voltage is aprox 4.8V or greater open circuit or less than 0.06V closed circuit for a predetermined time.

43----- Throttle Position Sensor Signal Circuit: Throttle position sensor output voltage is aprox 4.7V or greater open circuit or less than 0.06 short circuit for a predetermined time while park/neutral position switch is OFF and vehicle speed is 4 km/h or higher.

So aparantly these are my problems, but i have also heard of people having coil pack problems and the 21 code not showing up and them getting other fault codes instead. Yet when the coils were changed the other issues went away. Has anyone had these fault/error codes on there 34 before?

OK seeing as you've got error 26, 43 and had 16 I'd say it's the voltage feed to all three (they all share the same 5v from the ECU)

Most likely it's on one of the sensor as they daisy-chain to each other, so if one is unplugged it can take the others out.

Unplug and replug your TPS sensor, Turbo pressure sensor and secondary throttle sensor and see how it goes.

OK seeing as you've got error 26, 43 and had 16 I'd say it's the voltage feed to all three (they all share the same 5v from the ECU)

Most likely it's on one of the sensor as they daisy-chain to each other, so if one is unplugged it can take the others out.

Unplug and replug your TPS sensor, Turbo pressure sensor and secondary throttle sensor and see how it goes.

Mechanic has checked it all out and he can't find a single fault with the car. I belevie he has done this but might pay just do double check. Whgere can i find these sensors??

Hey, I've got this problem too. When the TC light on means my TC is not working. My car slide in wet. I took my car to Nissan and they can't find any problem. If anyone know how to fit it, pls let me know.

Also, My R34, since I changed HKS exhaust and trust in-take then I have missed fire especially when pushing hard in 1 & 2 gears. Anyone have any idea of how to fit it?

[

Cheers

Sean

Hi Sean, How you run a Self- Diagnostic?