SAU Community

Your Ecu Choice

Tofu

ECU  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

advantage of pfc is anyone even a blind man can tune them just about

advantages of wolf more settings for tuning and a lot more bells and whistles

N I B (steve from top racing can give u all the correct info on the wolf better than anyone else )

Dunno bout anyone else, but the whole “Wolf has a lot more features” thing is wearing a bit thin with me. It’s just not believable when there are very little current top running drag, track or dyno cars backing the statement up. But perhaps it's just me

Hey Guys,

Its time to get the R32 Rb20 tuning sorted. At present Im running the Stocker with a Jun rechip, at present it seems to be having a remap issue. The car has two extra injectors connecting to a Greddy Injector Controller Rebic. At present the car is running 320-330hp at the wheels.

Wondering what you use, recommend and why. Im doing a little research before I commit and want to know whats out there.

Cheers,

Andrew

To answer your original question, if I were you I would:

1. Get rid of the Extra injectors and fit 6 Bigger ones (Sard or Similar)

2. Fit powerFC

Reason: Your setup is messy, Extra injectors are not ideal they are a stop gap measure,

Fitting and tuning a PFC as well as buying 6 x Sard injectors will cost about the same as getting a Wolf fitted and tuned on your current setup.

Fitting the PFC will not nessacarily give you anymore rwHP but it will run smoother and more efficiently than your current setup.

If you do want to keep your current setup you may have to go with the Wolf as I am not sure the PFC has 2 x Auxilary outputs to run the staged Injectors

The Wolf is getting me 500 to a tank - stock 20, 25 turbo, turbo back exhaust. Got 600 cruising to Busselton and back. If you put your foot into it tho it drinks a bit but regular driving if I come in much under 500 I would be scratching my head.

Bayleys car is safe,Dyno Dynamics checked the calibration yesterday,The Dyno comp tune she uses is 11.8-1 at 1bar and as the boost falls of it gets to 12.5-1 as her injectors are stock RB20 but 11.5 at 0.9bar for street.

I get near 600ks also and have for years in our GTR out on the highway.

I am happy to remove the extra injectors, i never was a fan of them to begin with. This will atleast get rid of the rebic as I dont believe it is entirely accurate.

Cheers for the comments i guess for the time being I'm happy to tune it as a cruiser, I dont drag/drift often and I am happy with its current power output.

I guess any ecu can give me what i want with no worries but it seems to be bang for buck.

Edited by Tofu

guys this is for a street car. who gives a toss about extra wank features that you are never going to use unless you are trying to extend the size of ur wang. For a street car PFC ftw. For the people that whinge "every tom, dick and harry can tune them", did u ever think that may be an advantage? Say the work shop you love and would hump the owner suddenly closes down, who will tune your car then? Your mum? dont think so. Grab a second hand rb20 pfc off yahoo japan and go gets a tune!

guys this is for a street car. who gives a toss about extra wank features that you are never going to use unless you are trying to extend the size of ur wang. For a street car PFC ftw. For the people that whinge "every tom, dick and harry can tune them", did u ever think that may be an advantage? Say the work shop you love and would hump the owner suddenly closes down, who will tune your car then? Your mum? dont think so. Grab a second hand rb20 pfc off yahoo japan and go gets a tune!

Back to work princess

Alrighty just took out the ecu and had a look at the chip to see whats running everything. From what I can see its labelled:

R32 TM RB23DET GTSTMJUN : SM5

Link to JUN Auto ECU is here:

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/electric...u/index.html?en

Doesn't give me much on manuals and software.

speedworks would be your best best for info as they do jun stuff and bikirom

Alrighty just took out the ecu and had a look at the chip to see whats running everything. From what I can see its labelled:

R32 TM RB23DET GTSTMJUN : SM5

Link to JUN Auto ECU is here:

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/electric...u/index.html?en

Doesn't give me much on manuals and software.

lol n00b ofcourse there wouldnt be any manuals or software, it is a JUN tuned factory ecu. Just the same as a lumpyrom. Do you seem him giving his software out :cheers:

lol n00b ofcourse there wouldnt be any manuals or software, it is a JUN tuned factory ecu. Just the same as a lumpyrom. Do you seem him giving his software out :cheers:

Jarrad, your love makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Only way to learn is to ask questions. :mellow:

Edited by Tofu

For my money on my RB26DETT PFC all the way.

I do not want to pay for a whole heap of Wank features I (& about 80% of other ECU buyers!) am never going to need or use.

I dont care who has ran what ET on what ECU.

I have ran about 5 tuneable ECUs over the past 13years, the PFC is cheap, popular and flexible and is the only one I find it hard / impossible to tell I actually have an aftermarket ECU Fitted, which is what its all about really :(

Been reading throo the thread looking for hard info, got a D-Jetro to fit/tune in an RB26DETT & a tight time frame to hit the install/tuners. I have managed to figure out that I have a user/tuner friendly ecu but ain't seen squat in the tuner bang for bucks dept. anyone wanna pm me? Please? Time is running out berore a trip to the tuneshop/dyno. Don't wanna go see a blockhead.

If ya get mah drift......... :D

cant beat a powerfc for day in day out running ie cold starts, idle control and ease of operation. good for day to day street shitters or even a 500-800hp monsters. plenty of dyno operators will tune with ease.. also a major thing id be looking into would not only be the options a ecu comes with, But a major factor would be the tuners experience reputation and most important personal credibility

www.wolfems.com.au

A few fast cars on their web site also.

Dattos not slow,Datsqik aint slow Matt smiths RB30det aint slow,Glen robinsons Ford just ran high 8s with an old V3,But we fit and tune plenty so its really just pointless banter to grind our own axe.

yeah matts cars quick as hell, but didnt like how he has to resart the engine on idle/traffic when it starts running rough (coughing). according to him its part and parcel of the ecu..........never experienced that with a pfc. BTW not bagging wolf as he is happy with the setup. just noting disadvantages :no:.

on another note. how big is autronic compared to wolf cos ease of installation(stealth) should also be considered. the wolf fails here big time

power fc lovers should consider reytec ecu as its like a twin brother with a better interface for the tuner to enjoy ;)

Edited by kidd