SAU Community

Plastic Headlights

Guest MRE

Mine are a bit faded.

I have see a few R33 that have nice crystal clear ones.

Is there any products that I can use to make tham look like new.

I saw a product or 2 at Auto barn that make claims to bring them back to orignal condition.

But dont want to fork out cash for something that wont work.

Guest Boxhead

yeah i understand your pain mate, i have that maguairs window cleaning stuff, it doesnt work that good.. seriously i have used it once, now everytime i just use windex from under the sink hahaha....

um i was on a toyota soarer page, and they had this stuff advertised that was meant to do the trick... just go in and ask them, and show themn yoru headlights..

the mob at my autobarn are evry helpful, most of em are young and interested in cars like me... so they want to help on a mate basis aswell.. but i dunno :S

There is a simple solution.... cut and polish!

Are yours white and crusty in the inner / upper corners? Mine looked really crap like that so i gave them a cut and polish (did it twice as it was done by hand) and they came out looking almost brand new!

Thanks will give it a try and post the results.

Just had the car Ming treated and Ming tinted, now the head lights look old :)

Try giving it a polish first....

I thought it was in the inside, and i had a look and it was too much trouble to take it off. Anyhow, I read another thread a while ago on this, so i decided to polish mine... Came up looking much better. If that doesnt work, then i guess it is on the inside (highly unlikely unless it is not sealed and is leaking somewhere).

Plexus works realy realy good, its avaliable at most autobarn stores, its a spray kinda polish that will bing it up like brand new, it cuts and polishes clear plastic, thats whats its designed for, it also does alot of other surfaces ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a bit scary but acetone works well as long as you are quick and only go in one direction it simply eats the dead surface away I used it on my old TR Magna indicators which were a bit yellow and they came up like new but I would suggest a bit of practice somewhere inconspicuous first!!