SAU Community

R34 Gtt Inspection

Hi guys just spent a some time inspecting a R34 for purchase and found these spots of rust near around the strut brace on both sides. Rust was also present on the clips that hold the radiator near front bar and underneath the vehicle on the factory muffler.

Should i be concerned or is this a natural occurance?

Cheers in advance :(

image00114km6.jpg

Rust on the strut brace/tower might be an issue. I know of an R34 that was imported into AUS and ended up not being able to be complied and registered because of rust on the strut tower. Has this one been complied and registered yet?

I wouldn't buy it, I'd expect there to be no rust in that location, unless there has been some stress that has pulled the sealant on the welds.

The nut holding the strut brace looks like it's got a bit of salt corrosion as well.

Rust on the strut brace/tower might be an issue. I know of an R34 that was imported into AUS and ended up not being able to be complied and registered because of rust on the strut tower. Has this one been complied and registered yet?

It has been complied by the same dealer selling the vehicle and it yet to be registered apparently,vehicle was very clean though..

I wouldn't buy it, I'd expect there to be no rust in that location, unless there has been some stress that has pulled the sealant on the welds.

The nut holding the strut brace looks like it's got a bit of salt corrosion as well.

Many of the nuts at the front had some corrosion on them which concerned me also

Cheers for the super fast replies because i was considering buying it....

Edited by Kaneda

Don't forget its a 8-9 yo car that has been in a rusty enviroment all these years by the looks of it . Look for a cleaner axample or one that has been repaired so you dont see it .
you arnt being overly picky. do it right the first time and get a car you beleive is good.

you dont wanna waste money fixing it later on.

True that :happy: thanks dudes just gotta wait for the right one and be patient...