SAU Community

Gurgling Sound

Dave32

I had this with my last R34, the gurgling sound was trapped steam bubbling through the the new braided hose lines I had fitted back to the heater hoses. Stemming from water being trapped in a still hot turbo.

I just grew used to it as it wasn't causing any harm

Dave if you need help of how to bleed it probably i can.

You know where i live.

I pulled my radiator out, flush, bleed the whole system every year just before summer.

no worries west, i might take you up on that when i have some time!

• 11 years later...

sorry to bring up an old post. I bought an r33 3weeks ago, changed toil, oilfilter and sparkplugs so my engine is clean.
After 30minutes of the car being on, the sound just changes into this gruggling noise but my temps are fine. Idk if its because i own a 394WHP car but using water in the radiator instead of an antifreeze coolant, or thermostat or a blown headgasket? i am out of idea's and maybe someone here knows what the issue can be?

p.s. i can put the car home today after it does it. turn it back on the next day and the sound is back to its beautifull self untill it reaches that 30minutes being on status

Edited by Pastechi

sorry to bring up an old post. I bought an r33 3weeks ago, changed toil, oilfilter and sparkplugs so my engine is clean.
After 30minutes of the car being on, the sound just changes into this gruggling noise but my temps are fine. Idk if its because i own a 394WHP car but using water in the radiator instead of an antifreeze coolant, or thermostat or a blown headgasket? i am out of idea's and maybe someone here knows what the issue can be?

p.s. i can put the car home today after it does it. turn it back on the next day and the sound is back to its beautifull self untill it reaches that 30minutes being on status
Hey man If your located in brisbane i can look at the car for you and at least point you in the right direction [emoji106]

6 hours ago, Ty1 said:

Hey man If your located in brisbane i can look at the car for you and at least point you in the right direction emoji106.png

sadly i am far...far....faaar away from australia. :(