SAU Community

Strange Noises

Rah

now i know this may be really hard to explain as none of you are actually here, but i was just wondering about a couple of noises my car has developed(1990 Sil80 CA18DET)(i have had the car two days, so it may be that i'm just being more aware of the noises), anyway

the first noise

when i am coming on boost at around the 50km mark, and it gears up (i drive an auto) it lets out a small sound as it gears up, it sounds sort of like a small amount of boost is being let out, was just wondering if that was normal/not problematic (I have an aftermarket BOV, think it might be boost leak?

the second noise

when the car gets turned on, i noticed a strange almost electric sound, like a fan (no it's not the pod filter or anything), and it gets faster the more i put my foot on the accelerator, however it seems that it only develops after the car gets warm, when i drive it cold it's not there...the noise isnt a belt clipping anything either i don't think as i revved it while a friend looked under the bonnet and nothing, seems to be coming from under the wheel arches?)

the final noise

when idleing there is a sort of ticking noise, that almost sounds as though something on the car is being tapped in with a hammer, at times it gets fastish, then slows down again

Also the center console and footwells seem to get very very hot, i don't know if it's just engine heat or what? anyone got any ideas?

the final two noises i was thinking maybe its a low speed fan or something? i'm not really too sure? just wondering if anyone has had similar noises/ if they are normal or troublesome, or something i should get checked out? i've driven the car all day today, and none of the noises seem to be affecting how the car runs, or anything like that, so i am thinking maybe i'm just being paranoid..

Thanks heaps for your help and i hope it is just me being paranoid:)