SAU Community

More *hoon Events :)* At Sandown.

West

Hi all,

If you're a Sth East resident or surrounding areas, chances is you'll see an article on your local LEADER MAGAZINE today with title say RACING AGAINST CRIME.

We all know what this article is all about, its about what happened on the infamous Friday night at Noble Park maccas. LEADER newspaper have set up a phone number and an email so we can express our opinions in relating to SHOULD SANDOWN hold more car events?

Please SMS 0402 967 387 or email [email protected]

If you have spare times, maybe include some extra sentences to tell them about events like Winton funday, practice days.........and so on.

Though we know its a question that HAD an answer for for so long, maybe this time they will actually do something about it.

West ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta love how yugoslavians hate each other serb/cro's

lol

gotta add goat lovers lebos and macos to ...

and then the bogans that hate anything thats not a holden or ford ... then the gangsta asians in their imports

and its a awesome festival of fun

It will take some attention away.

People arn't there just to start shit. I was there on the night of havoc and the week before. The week before was just racing. Did not see one dispute. Sure still alot of wanks, although nothing compared to the week after that which was just discraceful and obviously gives us car enthusiasts a bad name.

People arn't there just to start shit. I was there on the night of havoc and the week before. The week before was just racing.

Are people getting dumber?

"Just racing"?

IT'S A PUBLIC STREET!

Not just any public street, an extremely busy highway.

If you are one of the people who was there, then you are a part of the problem.

Don't even bother trying to pass yourself off as an "enthusiast".

A genuine enthusiast doesn't engage in illegal activities to participate in their sport.

Are people getting dumber?

"Just racing"?

IT'S A PUBLIC STREET!

Not just any public street, an extremely busy highway.

If you are one of the people who was there, then you are a part of the problem.

Don't even bother trying to pass yourself off as an "enthusiast".

A genuine enthusiast doesn't engage in illegal activities to participate in their sport.

i dont know where you get your facts

but i think youll find that every sport began from some sort of illegal behaviour

base jumping for example is a sport, and many active enthusiasts willingly break the law

to achieve some spectacular jumps

the same can b applied to motor racing

drifting for example started in the hills of japan

some food for thought...

but i think youll find that every sport began from some sort of illegal behaviour

base jumping for example is a sport, and many active enthusiasts willingly break the law

some food for thought...

Only person a base jumper will kill by breaking a law is himself....

some food for thought...

You just killed your own argument mate im afraid.

Drag Racing in legal confines/conditions has been around for quite some time.

Drag Racing isnt really a new phenomenon we are talking about here :sorcerer:

If this was a new craze, then people might well view it differently... but alas, it couldnt be further from it on this occasion.

Aside from that, would be good to see Sandown having more events.

The facility is there, why not use it?

If you charged $40 a night (more reasonable than Bob's a$$-rip price) i think you'd find it would be 140+ cars a night without much of a drama seeing the numbers than Calder still pulls because there isnt anywhere else to go so they have a monopoly on it all.

The police really need to being back thier Bluey project (is it still around?) as i have not heard/seen anything for a while. IMO it was a good thing indeed.

Make sure you have officers there that are sociable, rather than arrogant and pig-headed like some of the TMU's can be at times... and then relations would become better... probably by not a lot.

But if they change one persons view a night, i would put that down as success.

Yes the usual 15yr old kids where there boo'in and hiss'in but you get that from children.

I remember chatting at length to a few Officers @ the F1 GP a few years back.

They were TMU and patrolled the Seymour area, thier sociable attitudes and ability to talk to the enthusiast definately made a point with me as i wasnt exactly a "lover" of the law back in those days.

Not that i am now, but i'll at least give them officer who pulls me over a nice attitude rather than come out of the car all fired up :laugh:

I'll drop and email definately sometime this week.

I think that some people are missing the point. It is illegal to do that kind of shit on the street full stop. It doesn’t matter wether you think that you are not hurting people, if you race, drag, drift etc... On the street then you are a Hoon not an enthusiast. I know that most people have done something like this at some stage, but it still doesn't make it right. And just because some sports may have started out illegally, doesn't mean it has to continue. This is all about opening up facilities to the public so that this kind of activity can be done legally by all who are willing. It wont fix the problem, but it is a start.

Edit: e-mail sent...

Edited by Helio