SAU Community

Dynamat Dynaxorb

Trav33

How well does Dynamat Dynaxorb work?

I understand it is a rubbery piece of material that sits in the door panel behind the speaker, and absorbs any sound waves before they have a chance to bounce off the outside panel?

How well does Dynamat Dynaxorb work?
you answered your own question :(

READ THE QUESTION BEFORE ANSWERING....

To answer .... realy well. my stezza vibrated like all buggery in the doors but put a couple of these babies behind the speakers and all gone, :rofl: all smiles

See link here: http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_audio_dynaxorb.html

dynaxorb_with_without.gif

Recommended.

minger: I'd usually say that a reduction in door vibration would be more closely attributed to the use of sound deadening in your doors, whilst products like dynaxorb would have more of a impact on the midbass response.

To answer .... realy well. my stezza vibrated like all buggery in the doors but put a couple of these babies behind the speakers and all gone, :no: all smiles

Is that all you did, slip in the DynaXorb? Or did you also sound-deaden your doors at the same time with dynamat, which would also help get rid of the vibration?

See link here: http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_audio_dynaxorb.html

dynaxorb_with_without.gif

Recommended.

minger: I'd usually say that a reduction in door vibration would be more closely attributed to the use of sound deadening in your doors, whilst products like dynaxorb would have more of a impact on the midbass response.

Thanks for the link, so they come with a tube of cyanoacrylate adhesive to stick them to the door/dynamat? And looks like their main role is to remove back-wave interference, resulting in better quality sound. For $40 they are worth a shot I guess, i've bought some off Ebay but they are taking forever to get here, and was contemplating not worrying about them.

hey man i have Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pak in my car and its very good and i noticed that i got more BASS out of the speakers and that it makes a real big difference but the sheets are very heavy. That makes the car perform less and if your interested i have a friend working at a car audio store and i can get it for you for a good price.

http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_audio_..._bulk_paks.html

FOR MORE INFO GO THERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :P

Well from the dynamat.com website,

DynaXorb Speaker Kit $35US = $45AUD

Dynamat Extreme Bulk $270US = $350AUD.

But your website price on the bulk is cheaper compared with US retail, I think these US prices are inflated a bit.

hey man i have Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pak in my car and its very good and i noticed that i got more BASS out of the speakers and that it makes a real big difference but the sheets are very heavy. That makes the car perform less and if your interested i have a friend working at a car audio store and i can get it for you for a good price.

http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_audio_..._bulk_paks.html

FOR MORE INFO GO THERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :P

Thanks mate, i've got my bulk pack, looks like good stuff! But what price can you get it for, out of curiosity?

I think it only weighs 15-20kg, so considering im a small bloke myself (55kgs), i dont think my car will notice any loss of performance... 15kg / 1300kg is about a 1% weight increase, not much,

Dont flame me .. I just asked a audio expert .. An installer not a seller

Dynamatt doesnt do much .. It reduces slight vibration but cheaper options also work well .. In his opinion he said its not worth it .. Oh this was in the boot .. in the doors hes all for it .. but still says its better just to do the surrounds to reduce weight ..