Abo Bob

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol... kel cant believe u got pics of me spinning out, they look good

heh heh- that was the cut down version of the spin- I have a few more I can send you if you like!

Liz - I wasn't holding back, I had a dud entry to the straight, and the car had been miss firing all day (lambda sensor died, couldn't tune it), so I was never gonna catch you, but you were quick through the kink, I just didn;t expect you to slow down so much for turn 1 - I didn't want to hit you, and I was aiming at turn one at the fastest possible speed - to avoid a massive lock up, and or a massive accident, I aimed for the greenery - which turned kitty litter brown very quickly... and I couldn't drive it through it, it was soo soft by then

Dunc - I killed it, but we think turbo seal - We won't touch it til later in the week, we need a break from working on it, dad spent all last week getting it ready for sunday

Cheers

Matt

PS - Any pics of my car on the track??

dont worry Duncan i wont be running 2 bar next time....but will get the better clamps and maybe the silicon...

Is any other newbie lying in bed thinking about the next track day and how they can improve their times?

bloody cant sleep

Man so pissed missed this day... reading all this makes me wanna cry!!

Liz - Dude!!! I read you were down into the 1:15's without semis!!! Far out.... the taxi better get some more mods to keep up!! AWESOME EFFORT!!!

Bring on next track day... maybe it will be me buying you a case of beer!!

dont worry Duncan i wont be running 2 bar next time....but will get the better clamps and maybe the silicon...

Is any other newbie lying in bed thinking about the next track day and how they can improve their times?

bloody cant sleep

Absolutely. Ive been thinking about the next day and how i could handle a few corners better without spinning 65 times around! how did you go on your timings this time around anthony?

Absolutely. Ive been thinking about the next day and how i could handle a few corners better without spinning 65 times around! how did you go on your timings this time around anthony?

I love spining I got it down to a fine art!

Im looking foward to the next track day and i tell you i will definateley have semis next time that was the only thing letting me down on the weekend was my tires my brakes were fine i was out braking most the cars even the ones that were faster so definatly need better tyres next time. Anybody got and other photos of my gun grey 32 the one with all the advertising on it any on the track would be great.

Traman i dont know if anyone timed me....semi slicks are definitely required...my 245's all round are good in the wet but average on a track....plus i need more driving experience.....when is the next track day?

Great day, heaps of track time, wet and dry conditions and nice cold temps for the tubos.

My only problem with the cold temps was that by the time my tyres were up to temp my brakes were overheating, (dam standard brakes!)

Thanks to the organisers, well done.

you drive your car well...get good pads on board.

It was an awesome day - A huge thank you to the organisers/volunteers.

I have an interesting helmet cam shot of someone getting a bit loose in front. I'll find an editing program and cut it down small enough for youtube. Then the driver can put their hand up :nyaanyaa: and say who it was hehe.

Thanks again for a great day... I wish I didn't have to leave early.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Neostead, I'm looking to have a custom surround done that also has a slot for a fog light. Would you be willing to create a 3d model I can buy or create and ship me the part or even provide/sell the current model for me to modify? Cheers
    • Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.