SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

VLT ( MX7 ) is identical in appearence to RB25DET box - internals are nearly identical also but different syncros and the like I believe. Nothing like NA RB25, NA RB30 or even RB20 turbo in appearence

Edited by Spoolup

Not sure what the charge is to grind the crank snout and fit a collar is - as I had mine built up and machined and that was approx $250.

Grinding is around $150 ish

Nitriding is around $350 ish as the crank has to be ground, nitrided and then reground to size.

Those prices are ball park figures.

Ring and ask for Dave.

Edited by Spoolup

Just out of curiosity what would be involved in fitting an RB25/30 to a 180sx???

A rough price estimate would be great too if possible...

Thanks.

How are we meant to know... This is SAU. :down:

Head down the local performance workshop and quiz them. :P

Ok :) lol

I just thought someone on here may have done it before.

As far as the conversion though would you say it would be identical to an RB25 conversion ie. same crossmember, mounts etc...?

ps. I have owned Skylines before and realise that people on SAU have a lot of knowledge and experience with RB engines which is why I asked here, I wasn't trying to upset anyone and if I have I apologise.

Ok :) lol

I just thought someone on here may have done it before.

As far as the conversion though would you say it would be identical to an RB25 conversion ie. same crossmember, mounts etc...?

ps. I have owned Skylines before and realise that people on SAU have a lot of knowledge and experience with RB engines which is why I asked here, I wasn't trying to upset anyone and if I have I apologise.

look into the rb25/20 conversions and check heights .. as the extra 38mm i believe would be alot more trouble in the S chassis, i could be wrong though

Just out of curiosity what would be involved in fitting an RB25/30 to a 180sx???

A rough price estimate would be great too if possible...

Thanks.

hi mate it wont fit. guy here has a rb25det in a s14 and the bonnet wont shut, so he bent it in a bow shape to shut, cars a track car so not to bad, but looks shite. :laugh:

Edited by rockabilly

I'm looking at removing the powerFC from my RB30DET for use in another car.

The engine is using a standard RB25 loom and injectors/sensors, the only difference being I don't use a boost sensor.

What are the chances of simply plugging-and-playing a standard R33 computer into it and driving away?

The standard r33 ecu is more than capable of running the 25/30DET, but the base/factory tune will be rubbish and would need to be retuned/chipped anyway.

Cheers, so by retuned, is it a simple task of just adjusting the CAS and whatever else to work with the slightly different engine, or are we talking a major effort to get it up and running? Also, without the boost sensor will it do stupid things (like retard the timing)?

I assume from your statements that you are running a D-Jetro PFC (MAP sensor)?

To run it on a standard ECU you will need to throw an AFM in there. I will also guess that it will max the standard AFM pretty much straight away and run in R&R most of the time..