SAU Community

Hks Or Trust-greddy?

andz

yeah coating for sure. wrapping is ok, but you can get moisture trapped between the wrap and the pipe which is not good. also when you put it on, if you dont wear gloves, and then take a slash afterwards your nuts will be itchy for a fair while. this alone is reason enough to spend the dough on the coating (or wear gloves...lol) and yes I speak from experience on this.

lol.. Worse than deep heat on (or near) the nuts? :ninja:

What is the cost difference? and where would you get the ceramic coating done?

i bought those just jap dumps,and well wish i had bought better ones that bolt on...these things have the wrong size o2 sensor holes and even the reducers out of the stock 32gtr dumps dont fit?

does 33/34 gtr o2 sensors bigger and just maybe they sent me the wrong ones.. ill be ringing tomoz 2 see...

Not trying to be to much of a tight arse here but i do all the work to my own car and considering the stock 34 dumps aren't that bad and it is a pain in the arse to remove/fit new ones, would the stock dumps be fine with the right exhaust up to about the 300 r(a)wkw mark???

We fit trust dumps over the weekend to my 32 gtr.

alot of modification of the front pipe had to be done. cut down and re welded as they wernt quiet right. we also modified the rear of the trust front pipe section to 3.5 inch instead of the 3 inch flange it had on it.

Other than that i am very happy with them. bit of a f**k around. i also bought mine second hand. And had a whole exhaust shop to play in while installing them so things wernt that bad!

i think i will go back and weld on some support bars tho. we didnt quiet get around to this.

Edited by Angus Smart

Not trying to be to much of a tight arse here but i do all the work to my own car and considering the stock 34 dumps aren't that bad and it is a pain in the arse to remove/fit new ones, would the stock dumps be fine with the right exhaust up to about the 300 r(a)wkw mark???

i'd say yes! depending on what turbos i guess.

Andrew, your‘s weren't the 32 ones though were they? I thought from memory you bought some second hand that were for a 33 or 34.

and yeah, I think for 300kw the R34 dumps will be "ok" but of course some aftermarket ones would be better, but it wont be a major problem.

Andrew, your‘s weren't the 32 ones though were they? I thought from memory you bought some second hand that were for a 33 or 34.

and yeah, I think for 300kw the R34 dumps will be "ok" but of course some aftermarket ones would be better, but it wont be a major problem.

yeah i dont think mine were for 32. but we cut up the front pipe anyway at the weld just on the merge of both, so they were a little modified. mine dont have flex pipe either. and finally my exhaust doesn't scrape!