SAU Community

Drags - Heathcote 1/6/03

KamikazeR33

The one-on-one / racing against each other is GREAT! This is where calder sucks big time.

I have an old-ish helmet that I have used before at calder, anyone got a spare for me just in case?

I didnt think cars needed to be RWC for the track [just need drivers license]? maybe I need to bring a spare windscreen with me in case I hit a blow-fly on the way up? :D

Some of these q's are serious.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale: if you've used it at Calder, I'd say 99% sure you can use it there. Depends on head size.. people can borrow mine while i'm not running if there is any issue with the one they have brought...

I think I should maybe confirm the helmet thing just to make sure.

Yer, not sure about the RWC - they do inspect your car just to make sure there is nothing hanging off or anything else obvious that could be a danger to other drivers or spectators. I don't think they're going to be Nazi's about anything, it only a general street meet afterall.

Originally posted by DJ_L3ThAL

hmm,do you guys think i should just spectate coz i *may* still have the stock clutch and possibly 190 rwkw at this time

what u think ?

Your clutch will start to slip before it gives up totally... When this happens, pull out for the day and drive her home!

I ran with 185rwkw on the stock clutch for almost a year including two drag events!

matt

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Leewah

Is this event limited only to Skylines?

I know a Supra with 400rwkw and a 180sx with 300rwkw which maybe ready in time to run.

Any chance we can let them run?

i am assuming u mean nigels supra and that blue 180sx?

has nige fixed his engine engine problems, and i thought the 180sx has been pulled apart.

What: Drag meet at Heathcote Raceway to run your skyline or other car

so yes :D I mean its just an open meet that is held every week, we are just going as a group to attend.. I haven't booked out the whole track or anything (we would have needed much more cars than that, deposits, etc, etc). see here: http://heathcoteraceway.tripod.com

I mean its a pretty open invitation, so if anybody has friends or whatever in cars they want to run they're welcome to come along and cruise up with us.

Well premium 98RON fuel... just stock up with a full tank before you get to the Ford place. If its 110km one way, on highway driving there still should be enough to have plenty of runs (its only 400m after all). If anybody is too paranoid about it, bring some toulene or octane booster or whatever to bump up the cheaper stuff

predator666

Heathcote Drags - Sunday 1st June  

What: Drag meet at Heathcote Raceway to run your skyline or other car  

Date: Sunday 1st June, 2003  

Meet: 8:00 melb at Ford Factory - 1735 Sydney Road Campbellfield  

Where to: Heathcote raceway  

Gates open: 9:30am  

Drag Runs:11am - 4pm  

Cost: $40 per car for unlimited runs  

Spectators: $15 (speak to a person running their car if you want a lift to watch)  

Getting there (see attached map below)  

General Direction Map: http://www.street-directory.com.au/victori...4794.76&level=2  

Meet spot for people in Melbourne is the Ford Factory carpark (Melways ref: Map 7, E3) at 8am for group departure at strict 8:30am. Yes damn early but we want to get up ther at a reasonable time to get as many runs as possible. From there we will be heading up the Hume Hwy, onto McIvor Highway At Wallan (towards bendigo). This goes thru Heathcote town, and the track is apparently about 18km from there, I'm aiming we will get there around 10:30am. It is approximately 110km drive from Melbourne  

If you miss the original meet point you can just meet us at Heathcote in your own time. If you get there late it doesn't matter, you will just get less runs.  

People Not from melbourne  

If you're not from melb, you're more than welcome to come or plan amongst yourselves how to get there - just meet us directly at Heathcote  

Requirements are:  

* Helmet (motorbike or other appropriate racing helmet only. Can't be too old or damaged)  

* Long sleeves (for those running their car).  

* Doesn't have to be a skyline, but seeing this is Skylines Australia we will mostly be skylines  

* Current driving license  

Otherwise, just yourself, your car in RWC, plenty of High octane fuel, and your entry $.  

Current Attendees  

The following have indicated they are coming and running their cars. Please let me know if you want to be added to this list, or can't make it.  

R31Heaven  

Steve  

Interloper  

jackie  

Predator666 (me..dur)  

r31nismoid  

dj_lethal  

nismoR34  

KamikazeR33  

Leewah  

Emre  

R34GTT-R  

Inasnt  

R31boy  

slayer_1971  

Possibles:  

* Horus  

* Meggala  

* Jet33  

She said she would get us some trophies made up for our group so we can have runs against each other Although i think some may have an unfair advantage! Bit of fun anyway.  

Pretty much all is contained here.. If you have any further questions please PM me. IF you want my number to contact on the day, please PM me  

For those that have never been before, don't be too put off. I'd never done it before until Calder, and its all about pushing your car to the max and seeing what it will do..and maybe learning from some other guys. Even if its only got a few mods, you might surprise yourself(or some others  )  

notes:  

* we would need 50 cars for group discount (don't think we will get enuff)  

* yes there will be other cars running that day, as its an open meet  

* generally they run 1 on 1 so you can compare you car/driving against somebody else  

* um, should i add anything else here?

Originally posted by R31Heaven

Fuel at Heathcote: The BP Station going out of Heathcote has premeium only no other station there has it.

Does this mean normal BP premium? Or Ultimate? Please specify, there is a big difference!

My theory is if we start with a full tank that day we will be fine, average skyline gets around 400k's. approx 220k's used for traveling and that would leave almost half a tank free for the drags - and you dont wanna race with a full tank anyway.

My helmet isnt CAMS approved but should be ok for drags again [good to have yours as backup though].

Btw: I only have a standard clutch and I wont be treating it any worse than on the street! Slippage = take it easy...

Sorry about all my posts, I am just really looking forward to this - is that such a bad thing :D and I dont wanna have anything go wrong!

Originally posted by INASNT

i am assuming u mean nigels supra and that blue 180sx?

has nige fixed his engine engine problems, and i thought the 180sx has been pulled apart.

Yes, I am referring to Nige's Supra. Engine is still a work in progress but doesn't take a lot to put it back together if the motivation is there.

The blue 180SX isn't ours but Gerald has his own 180SX project which he can put together if the motivation is there. All in all, if the motivation is there, people will get things done :D

have a crack,im gonna in my stock box,they arnt strick on helmets as long as it not an open face ,closest optimax is bendigo which is a fair mission just for fuel so fill up in melbs and refuel in bendigo on way home,little out your way tho,they got a burnout pad now so someone plz bring some stockies!!!!!,cya there cant wait

.. i think he means he was giving his encouragement to nigel and getting his supra back together..

should be fun.. i can't wait.. can i get down to a mid-13? will i get lower? can i still kick nathan's ass still after his new mods? :( what is the track like? what can i try that i didn't try last time? :P so many parameters and variables..

I have heard the track is better than calder - cant remember why though [grip possibly]. i was hoping it didnt have the burnout area just before the launching site for dragging. i dont need to warm up my radials. I am hoping for a high 13 [with a good launch]. I have figured out that in my car launching with TCS turned on is best [possibly an unfair advantage :(].

R34GTTR: i would not call yours a "stock box" ? Dont you have intake/boost/exhaust mods ? what else?

Heathcote's track is defiantely better than Calder due to the fact of less traffic.

As for the burnout area, good luck finding a drag strip which doens't have one. If you want to miss the water, just drive around it. You'll find most GTRs do unless they have semi comps or drag radials or similar with a torque splitter to make use of the water.

Hey guys...

Think i might come.. Though ive never run my car.. or any other car for that matter.. Bit scared.. :D lol

And i dont have a helmet either.... you think i could possibly borrow one when not in use??

Id like to see how my stocka goes before i do any mods to it...

Any help or advice from you guys would be great. :)

TTFN

:D

Kylie

ooooo.. a female dragger! Good to see. Don't be scared, its actually quite fun. You might even beat some yokel in what he thinks in his worlds best ute :D

I am sure plenty of people will be able to lend you a helmet in between. Depends whether you have a boof head or not ? hehe. Otherwise if you know somebody who has a motorbike helmet, if you scrounge that off them for the day that will be fine.

There is some good advice in this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=9292

and this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=9445

about drag setup. Some of it is a bit involved, but generally some useful stuff.