SAU Community

Drags - Heathcote 1/6/03

KamikazeR33

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, that was my idea - STEALER :D

Have to choose a meeting spot for the melbournites if we're going to cruise up together, and things like that.. full details, etc so its all properly planned

I gotta ring them and get the full details of what time it starts, how much it costs, etc.

ok.. seeing as Kami stole my thread before i could get to it :D i'll keep this post for people who have PM'ed me that they're coming so kami can add them.

Leewah

Emre

More will be added as they post their interest. And I'm going to ring them tomorrow and get the full details and choose a meet spot.

my car still looks ugly down front so photos are out, but at least the bar ain't gonna fall off now.. its solid as a rock..hehe

if he told you then it wouldn't be a surprise then would it?

come on everybody else.. even if you've never done drag racing before, its good fun, and you get to see some nice cars. Even if you don't want to drag you can come and watch, it would be a good cruise up in the country. Pricing I would say will be around $50 for as many runs as you like.

Only real requirement is a helmet (motorbike helmet will do).

ok, well we got 10 cars at least, shall see what they can offer...

yer, tried calling them just then... no answer (guess its a bit early on a monday morning :)) left a msg.. hopefully they get back to me a bit later today.

Leewah: re below: well we'll be attenting just the general meet they have every Sunday so any cars are welcome to come up with us.

What: Drag meet at Heathcote Raceway to run your skyline or other car

Date: Sunday 1st June, 2003

Meet: 8:00 melb at Ford Factory - 1735 Sydney Road Campbellfield

Where to: Heathcote raceway

Gates open: 9:30am

Drag Runs:11am - 4pm

Cost: $40 per car for unlimited runs

Spectators: $15 (speak to a person running their car if you want a lift to watch)

Getting there (see attached map below)

General Direction Map: vic_map.cgi?x=2471381.7400&y=4454794.76&level=2

Meet spot for people in Melbourne is the Ford Factory carpark (Melways ref: Map 7, E3) at 8am for group departure at strict 8:30am. Yes damn early but we want to get up ther at a reasonable time to get as many runs as possible. From there we will be heading up the Hume Hwy, onto McIvor Highway At Wallan (towards bendigo). This goes thru Heathcote town, and the track is apparently about 18km from there, I'm aiming we will get there around 10:30am. It is approximately 110km drive from Melbourne

If you miss the original meet point you can just meet us at Heathcote in your own time. If you get there late it doesn't matter, you will just get less runs.

People Not from melbourne

If you're not from melb, you're more than welcome to come or plan amongst yourselves how to get there - just meet us directly at Heathcote

Requirements are:

* Helmet (motorbike or other appropriate racing helmet only. Can't be too old or damaged)

* Long sleeves (for those running their car).

* Doesn't have to be a skyline, but seeing this is Skylines Australia we will mostly be skylines

* Current driving license

Otherwise, just yourself, your car in RWC, plenty of High octane fuel, and your entry $.

Current Attendees

The following have indicated they are coming and running their cars. Please let me know if you want to be added to this list, or can't make it.

R31Heaven

Steve

Interloper

jackie

Predator666 (me..dur)

r31nismoid

dj_lethal

nismoR34

KamikazeR33

Leewah

Emre

R34GTT-R

Inasnt

R31boy

slayer_1971

Possibles:

* Horus

* Meggala

* Jet33

She said she would get us some trophies made up for our group so we can have runs against each other Although i think some may have an unfair advantage! Bit of fun anyway.

Pretty much all is contained here.. If you have any further questions please PM me. IF you want my number to contact on the day, please PM me :)

For those that have never been before, don't be too put off. I'd never done it before until Calder, and its all about pushing your car to the max and seeing what it will do..and maybe learning from some other guys. Even if its only got a few mods, you might surprise yourself(or some others :P )

notes:

* we would need 50 cars for group discount (don't think we will get enuff)

* yes there will be other cars running that day, as its an open meet

* generally they run 1 on 1 so you can compare you car/driving against somebody else

* um, should i add anything else here?