SAU Community

Drags - Heathcote 1/6/03

KamikazeR33

I will come just to watch as if i run my clutch will die in the ass for sure!

..yer, and so will you :) he's juz chicken..any old excuse.

yes, i heard.. very nice time.. but you would think with that sort of HP he'd be able to push a good 11 or 10 - but of course ye:olde traction problems i assume.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by predator666

..yer, and so will you :) he's juz chicken..any old excuse.  

yes, i heard.. very nice time.. but you would think with that sort of HP he'd be able to push a good 11 or 10 - but of course ye:olde traction problems i assume.

maybe if i get to line up against u i will be convinced to run! :D

naw, you'll be right.. dun matter anyway, its really about beating your own times (well for me anyway) - not everybody elses.

Spoke to the woman at Heathcote yesterday for the last minute confirmation..

Helmet not too fussed, doesn't have to be cams spec or whatever, just not too dodgy. Apparently they have a few helmets there that you can borrow/hire if you don't have your own.

Premium Unleaded: as has been discussed, its not available at Heathcote, and they only have methanol and avgas at the track. This has been confirmed. Please fill as close as possible to the meet point with a full tank your favourite combustible. Full tank should be enough for the trip up, and the drag runs at least - may need to fill up somewhere on the way back.

im wif nismoR34, i havent raced either... altho my car has done a 13.91... so i do have somethin to try to beat

thermo fan goes in tomorra :) there goes a few points of a second off times :(

also my thrust bearing is changed finally

p.s dont ever take the gearbox out if there is only 2 of u doing it.... its a real pain to get back in

predator666

Heathcote Drags - Sunday 1st June  

What: Drag meet at Heathcote Raceway to run your skyline or other car  

Date: Sunday 1st June, 2003  

Meet: 8:00 melb at Ford Factory - 1735 Sydney Road Campbellfield  

Where to: Heathcote raceway  

Gates open: 9:30am  

Drag Runs:11am - 4pm  

Cost: $40 per car for unlimited runs  

Spectators: $15 (speak to a person running their car if you want a lift to watch)  

Getting there (see attached map below)  

General Direction Map: http://www.street-directory.com.au/victori...4794.76&level=2  

Meet spot for people in Melbourne is the Ford Factory carpark (Melways ref: Map 7, E3) at 8am for group departure at strict 8:30am. Yes damn early but we want to get up ther at a reasonable time to get as many runs as possible. From there we will be heading up the Hume Hwy, onto McIvor Highway At Wallan (towards bendigo). This goes thru Heathcote town, and the track is apparently about 18km from there, I'm aiming we will get there around 10:30am. It is approximately 110km drive from Melbourne  

If you miss the original meet point you can just meet us at Heathcote in your own time. If you get there late it doesn't matter, you will just get less runs.  

People Not from melbourne  

If you're not from melb, you're more than welcome to come or plan amongst yourselves how to get there - just meet us directly at Heathcote  

Requirements are:  

* Helmet (motorbike or other appropriate racing helmet only. Can't be too old or damaged)  

* Long sleeves (for those running their car).  

* Doesn't have to be a skyline, but seeing this is Skylines Australia we will mostly be skylines  

* Current driving license  

Otherwise, just yourself, your car in RWC, plenty of High octane fuel, and your entry $.  

Current Attendees  

The following have indicated they are coming and running their cars. Please let me know if you want to be added to this list, or can't make it.  

R31Heaven  

Steve  

Interloper  

jackie  

Predator666 (me..dur)  

r31nismoid  

dj_lethal  

nismoR34  

KamikazeR33  

Leewah  

Emre  

R34GTT-R  

Inasnt  

R31boy  

slayer_1971  

Possibles:  

* Horus  

* Meggala  

* Jet33  

She said she would get us some trophies made up for our group so we can have runs against each other Although i think some may have an unfair advantage! Bit of fun anyway.  

Pretty much all is contained here.. If you have any further questions please PM me. IF you want my number to contact on the day, please PM me  

For those that have never been before, don't be too put off. I'd never done it before until Calder, and its all about pushing your car to the max and seeing what it will do..and maybe learning from some other guys. Even if its only got a few mods, you might surprise yourself(or some others  )  

notes:  

* we would need 50 cars for group discount (don't think we will get enuff)  

* yes there will be other cars running that day, as its an open meet  

* generally they run 1 on 1 so you can compare you car/driving against somebody else  

* um, should i add anything else here?

Now on each page there is the main post by Predator666 with ALL the info such as this

Meet: 8:00 melb at Ford Factory - 1735 Sydney Road Campbellfield

Although there will probably be several different meet spots in addition to this [earlier] for other smaller groups wanting to travel to the main point from similar locales -

Since I own the tops of pages 2 & 3 I have quoted the main info on them into my posts :D

thanx.. yes, that is the full details.. my number is 0417 016 326 (gordon) if u need to speak to me.

So basically, I will try and get there as close to 8:00am as possible.. at 8:30am we'll be leaving - so if you miss that time just follow the map up there and give us a call if u get lost

y y, u wanna come now ambz? should be funz.. i will see whether i can whip out my bbq, although you know all that extra weight and all -its all very serious business :D

kylie: i'm east, near burwood, although i think there will be plenty east also coming.

Guest INASNT

i am se suburbs 2, where and how many of us are gonna meet before we head down to the main spot???

Originally posted by nismoR34

chaddy maccas is like 60 seconds from my place [@ 10 psi] :O

lol

im thinking i cant miss this, if those gtr's are gonna be there (sat or sun?) it will be crazzzy

i might see if a mate wants to come with, but if not, ill meet u guys on "da east side yo" and get some hotcakes....mmmm, hotcakes:drooling: