SAU Community

Swapping An Rb20 For An Rb26

r3240sx

I've been searching and searching, but I seem to get so many weird results with the SAU search feature.

I'm just curious as to what it would take for an rb26 swap in to my s13. I have an rb20 intalled currently with an r32 crossmember... Are all r32 crossmembers the same? Will the rb26 bolt on to my transmission, and the mounts that my rb20 sit on? Do rb20 oil pans work on the 26?

Any input is greatly appreciated.. I apologize if this has been covered before, as Im sure it has somewhere. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Max

I already have the rb20 transmission, I realize that its pretty weak, but since I already have it.. I'll upgrade when I feel like spending $1000+ on an rb25 transmission... Yeah thats right they cost $1000+ in the states.

The rb20 transmission will hold my power goals for now. As I am only concerned about getting the motor running properly on stock HP, before tear into modifying it.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate it.

-Max

PS: would you ship that sump to the states?

I've been searching and searching, but I seem to get so many weird results with the SAU search feature.

I'm just curious as to what it would take for an rb26 swap in to my s13. I have an rb20 intalled currently with an r32 crossmember... Are all r32 crossmembers the same? Will the rb26 bolt on to my transmission, and the mounts that my rb20 sit on? Do rb20 oil pans work on the 26?

Any input is greatly appreciated.. I apologize if this has been covered before, as Im sure it has somewhere. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks!

-Max

go to www.nissansilvia.com theres lot of info on rb conversion i even started a thread on this site and nissan silvia about doin a rb26dett conversion into a s13 silvia (as i do these conversions)

dont bother puttin a rb20det g/box behind it put a rb25 box in as u do this conversion as when the rb20 box breaks its a pain in the ass to swap and put a rb25 box in when the engine is in the car

u also will have to change the input tailshaft yoke (as rb25 are bigger) change the clutch master , modd the rb25 speedo sensor as it is longer than s13 an wont read right, modd g/box crossmember

may aswell do it right 1st time

IIRC you will need a rb25 cross member too as it makes the engine sit lower in the s13 allowing the bonnet to clear the rb26....also I'm pretty sure if you stay with the TT setup you need to mod either the strut tower or the manifold as the turbos foul on the strut tower in the stock location.

IIRC you will need a rb25 cross member too as it makes the engine sit lower in the s13 allowing the bonnet to clear the rb26....also I'm pretty sure if you stay with the TT setup you need to mod either the strut tower or the manifold as the turbos foul on the strut tower in the stock location.

nah, rb20 is better, no mods needed heapd and heaps of room.. i even set it up to use factory fan setup :laugh: See below

DRIFT_CAR_URAS%20025.jpg

Edited by URAS

hey trent how did u go with that info i gave u to help sort your problem out with the 26 conversion

it turned out to be a dodgy airflow meter....... cheers for the info though. appreciated.

u also will have to change the input tailshaft yoke (as rb25 are bigger) change the clutch master , modd the rb25 speedo sensor as it is longer than s13 an wont read right, modd g/box crossmember

may aswell do it right 1st time

A speedo sender to suit a navara will work fine in the 25 box with the s13 dash..

Theres no need to mod the box cross member, a cross member to suit a silvia auto box will bolt in without needing to touch it and suit the 25 box..

• 4 weeks later...
A speedo sender to suit a navara will work fine in the 25 box with the s13 dash..

Theres no need to mod the box cross member, a cross member to suit a silvia auto box will bolt in without needing to touch it and suit the 25 box..

do you know which navara, or what the part number is?